Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Help needed!

Quality Engineer salary in Munich

Toggle
Quality Engineer salary in Munich
Answer
5/30/13 10:26 AM
Hello to all,

My self a new memeber to this group. Thanks for all members for sharing valuable information.

Presently iam working as Senior Quality Engineer (since 6.5 yrs) in South India.
This week i had an technical interview with Munich based company and they said next week HR will call me for further negotiations.

Those who are working in Munich, could you please share following information.
1. How much salary shall i ask (range) according to Munich expenses?
2. monthly expenses with 1 baby and wife?
3. How to search accomdation in Munich?
4. In Visa application there is a column for Germany Address. Before i come there which address shall
i write in form? Hotel?any cheap accomdation those who had used during their first days?

Thank you all
activa
0 (0 Votes)

RE: Quality Engineer salary in Munich
Answer
5/31/13 12:35 PM as a reply to Srikanth Kasam.
Hi Activa,

Congrats and hope your contract is finalised asap. I have faltered at some points during my transition and have learned something which I wanted to share.

For 1 & 2.... I can't really comment with actual figures as because it depends on lots of aspects ..the tax class,whether your spouse will work or not, area you are shifting in , the  lifestyle and all. But yes please consider that around 30-35 % of your gross will be deducted as tax. Visit some website to check daily expenses, wage calculations in Munich. Rents are sky high. for a nice two room apartment (furnished) with good facilities (location,connections) you will shell out 1300-1400 Euros. For unfurnished may be aprrox. 1000 Euros.

3. For accomodation- good thing will be to negotiate with your HR for a nice relocation benefit covering your accomodation costs. In Munich apartments are mostly rented out via agents and they charge a very good price (2.38 x the baisc rent). and plus the kaution or the security deposit (refundable) but you need to consider it. It generally ranges from 2-3 months rent.

An example... suppose they say kalt miete (basic rent) is 800 Euro that means total rent will be  :

kalt miete (baisc)+ neben kosten (charges for heating, facilities etc) say 150 more + garage 50 Euro (if applicable) so in total 1000 Euro some includes electricity some dont u can add another 50 euro.

website to search acco- http://www.immobilienscout24.de/de/finden/wohnen/index.jsp

4. I think the embassy accepts it if you write the office adress as your host adress but please confirm it from your HR. The firm can accomodate you in a  hotel or rented acco for first six months usually. So speak about it.

A word of advice- hope you are good in german..if not ..(sorry for writn in caps)..DO NOT ::I SAY DO NOT ACCEPT ANY CONTRACT IN GERMAN. ask for a english translation by the side. As an Indian we don't mind compromising with things but people here will not compromise with your plight and you will be in an awkward position (speaking from personal experience). Speak clearly. point your queries and get written reply.

OH YES TAKE PICTURES OF THE HOUSE AFTER YOU MOVE IN, get the number of items you have in a protocol list, mail it to your HR and even the agent or landowner all I am saying keep evidences.

You may think some paranoid kinda person is replying to your query but trust me it will help. emoticon

Regards
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/31/13 1:47 PM as a reply to saikat sanyal.
Fully support hope2shine's views.  thats the way it is in germany just beacuase of the system here.
you are very lucky to got so many valid points before signing your contract.
Make sure don't  sign anything unless you are clear, otherwise you are heading for trouble.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/31/13 4:51 PM as a reply to Vishal Lakhanpal.
Thank you very much for both of you.

Today i had a discussion with HR and they sent me the signed .pdf contract (by post will receive in next days).
They sent Englsh version also per mail, but asked to sign only the German one and send it back.
They said that according to company policies they can not provide any accommdation but they can provide max. 1500€ Brutto as Relocation charges.

Questions:
1. can also submit visa application for my wife and kid (3mns old) with my application? will Embassy  accept all 3 applications? or first i should get the Visa then for Family?

2. In Application form for the 17th Column (Do you intend to maintain your permanent residence outside the Germany? if so where?) Shall i write NO or YES with my Parents address (also my present P. address)??

3. Any one have experience in dealing without company accomdation? Please share with me.

Thank you
activa
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/3/13 10:25 AM as a reply to Srikanth Kasam.
Hi Activa,

First of all ,congrats for the finalisation of your work contract.Well,I assume you have already considered the expenses and other pros & cons. But then also just thought of sharing.

If I understood correctly the relocation benefit allowed in your case is upto a total of 1500 Euro. Please check your expenses , will it be able to match your and your family's airfare? the cost for visa? accomodation costs? ( even if you are looking for a small apartment u need to be ready to shell out at least 3000 Eurro at the begining?...company generally pays the agent fee check ur case).

1. You may apply for the visa for your family & submit docs simultaneously.However,check eligibilty whether your spouse requires german lang knowledge to apply or not? And yes just a personal opinion don't take it otherwise, your kid is so small , it will be helpful if you come to Munich... get settled and then call your family.

2. Hopefully you are planning to maintain your original residence in that case you may write YES.

3. No such experience.

One little suggestion- sign both the contracts (english & german).. scan and send via e-mail for records.

Regards,
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18