Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Family Reunion visa for spouse, not married yet

Toggle
Hello,

I have received a copy of the contract with Germany's company, and now I'm about to begin the process of obtaining the Blue card. 

As far as I know, a spouse can also have a residence permit. 
The problem is that we are not married yet: we'll be then in a month or two, though. Will my wife have any problems with documents afterwards? Or should I start obtaining Blue card only after our marriage?

So, should we already be married by the time of blue card issue to make it possible to wife to obtain a resident permit?

Thank you much in advance,
any help will be appreciated.
0 (0 Votes)

RE: Family Reunion visa for spouse, not married yet
Answer
5/24/13 3:06 PM as a reply to roman brodetski brodetski.
Hi,

Just a suggestion...Not sure about your resident country or the time frame usually taken to process spouse visas there by the Consulate.

Well getting a blue card will reduce difficulty for your wife. like she need not go through any german language exams n all, right to work. e.t.c

Regrds,
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/24/13 3:45 PM as a reply to saikat sanyal.
Hi,

Thank you very much for such a quick answer!
I'm Russian citizen.
The question is if it is important to get married before I issue a Blue card. Is it possible to get married after I get that Blue card.

Thank you again,
All the best,
Roman
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/27/13 11:46 AM as a reply to roman brodetski brodetski.
Hi Roman,

Not a legal advice..but there is as such no condition that you should be married before getting a blue card or vice versa. But if I may sugest if you get married and then apply for the blue card lots of things will be easier.

Like your tax class will be for couples and not for bachelors,your wife's Visa will be smoothly processed and so on. Just a personal opinion please decide as per your convenience.

My case- I got married and brought my wife on a normal permit but now I am thinking of checking this blue card stuff.

Regards,
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/11/13 4:34 PM as a reply to roman brodetski brodetski.
Hi Roman,

here's how I did it with my wife.

1. Got a job
2. Applied for blue card
3. Got married
4. Wife got her resident permit

The fact is that if you apply directly for an employment based residency in Germany and if you satisfy requirements for a "Blue Card", then you don't have to explicitly ask for a BC. I came to Germany on an employment visa and directly got the BC without any questions.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott