Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

FAQ and important Links!

Need advice for extension of Residence,work permit

Toggle
Hi All,

Seeking advice for a strange situation.

I am working in Germany since March 2006 and have a residence/work permit valid untill 03-03-2008. Due to some personal plans, I had the requirement to extend my residence/work permit nowitself(before 4 months in advance). For the same, I went to KVR-Munich, along with my salary slips and employment contract(which is unlimited).

Of my surprise, the Visa officer said that, Since my work-permit is about to expire, they need to re-process my work permit with the labor office and check my skill-set, which can be filled by any German or EU citizen(which is a normal work-permit process, I guess so...) and informed me that, this can take upto 3-4 weeks. I am quite surprised with this, since I went for a normal extension and perhaps working with the same employer and I always hear from this forum that a normal extension is very simple and hardly takes an hour.

Are any one in this forum, faced similar scenarios during Residence/work permit extensions (or) Is this a new rule introduced, to re-process the Work permit's during extensions...

I heard that, it could be some time consuming to process a new work-permit (if it is a new employer), but my condition is same old employer and already working since almost 2 years (with my existing work-permit) and seeking for a normal extension.

Can some experts help me to overcome this problem.

Thanks and Regards,
Chamala
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Need advice for extension of Residence,work permit
Answer
10/30/07 4:57 PM as a reply to Ravi Kumar Chamala.
@ Chamala

Yes it is a normal procedure, because i suppose ABH got permission from AA only for two years in your case and that is why you got two years residence/work permit.

I have faced same thing and many others also, so do not worry, it is their procedure. You will get extension when ABH get permission from AA.

So just relax and enjoy -emoticon

Good luck.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/31/07 1:56 PM as a reply to Ravi Kumar Chamala.
Hi,

Some of my collegues said that from 1st of Nov'07 there is no need to wait for the work permit approval from AA, means if you have the work contract from employer then its enough to get the work permit.

please follow the links to check new rule from Nov'07.

http://www.spiegel.de/politik/deutschland/0,1518,506633,00.html

http://www.welt.de/welt_print/article1198032/Erleichterung_fuer_Einwanderer.html

http://www.taz.de/index.php?id=deutschland&art=4896&id=deutschland-artikel&src=SZ&cHash=9b41dfcfbf

Regards
srinivas
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
11/1/07 5:19 PM as a reply to Ravi Kumar Chamala.
According to my friend's experience, I have to say it's still not easy to get work permission.

My friend has worked in an institute for up to 3 years. On 1.11 he visited the local Ausländerbehörde for his work contract at a privat firm. What he got is a form with the title "Stellenangebot". The form is required to be filled out by his new employer, then it will be sent to Bundesagentur für Arbeit thru Ausländerbehörde. Upon the approval from the Arbeitsamt is it possible to correspondingly expand his visa.

What you get is nothing but news or rumor. Germany stays the same.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
11/1/07 5:50 PM as a reply to Ravi Kumar Chamala.
"I heard that, it could be some time consuming to process a new work-permit (if it is a new employer), but my condition is same old employer and already working since almost 2 years (with my existing work-permit) and seeking for a normal extension."
@Chamala
It doesn't matter. It is just the normal procedure. I know bunch of people who had to go through the market check several times(even for the same company) for each prolongation of their work/residence permit.(You may be exempted from it after being worked 2 or 3 years(I cant remember) depending on some clauses in BeschVerf) Dont mix up your situation with the old good GClers who had to go through the process only once. GC law has been history for years now.

@srinivas
Your links talk about the students who study in Germany and who come from a new EU Member State (East Europe basically) So not everyone posting here is coming from a new EU State and can take advantage of that possible new regulation. You should have mentioned this detail in your post to avoid false hopes.

Regards,

Lacrima
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3