Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Integration

Einbürgerungs Antrag Confusion

Toggle
Einbürgerungs Antrag Confusion
Answer
5/21/13 1:36 PM
Hi

I am preparing Einbürgerungsantrag for my wife and am confused a bit due to different information from amts.

Went to Rathaus to collect forms for Einbürgerung. They mentioned that my wife's visa is expiring so she needs new visa, also mentioned B1 and Einbürgerungstest. So far all good.

Went to Auslanderbehörde to get the new visa (Niederlassungserlaubnis(NE)) and they mentioned that my wife need also Orientierungskurs without that Einbürgerungsantrag will not be accepted. As far as I know Einbürgerungstest already covers all the questions included in Orientierungskurs. My wife has both options open to apply as a wife of German Citizen and at her own as she is more than 7 years in Germany and has NE.

Questions:
1) Do my wife require Orientierungskurs? Any law reference/link?
2) Which Einbürgerungsantrag option is better to avoid Orientierungskurs as it will delay the whole process?

Faisal Khan
0 (0 Votes)

RE: Einbürgerungs Antrag Confusion
Answer
5/22/13 11:35 AM as a reply to Faisal Khan.
I was also in same state so let me clear your confusion.
You can make Einbürgerungsantrag if you have over 8yrs continuous stay and also employed only B1 required.
With Integrationskurs you can reduce this time limit to 7yrs but now the problem is if you already have B1 certificate then you may think why you need this Integrationskurs 660hrs class as it was same situation with me.So if you are staying here for long and also having B1 then the VHS may admit you for a 60hrs Orierntierungskurs which is a mandatory to attend even its a bit stupid as at the end its the same out of 250 questions they ask 25 questions.Now there is no shortcut and you have to attend this 60hrs and if you make a direct final test then the BMF don't issue the final Integrations certificate.So with your B1 and test result of Orientierungskurs along with the paper showing that you attended 60hrs Orientierungskurs(wichtig) you send to BAMF and get the Integrations certificate and get your einbürgerungs time reduced to 7yrs.
Now about Einbürgerungstest it is having exactly the same 250questions of Orientierungskurs plus 50 more but its entirely different test and this is something every person has to make egal you have passed Orientierungstest or not.So Orientierungskurs is only a preperatory test for Einbürgerungtest for those doing Integrationskurs and those over 8yrs don't need Integrationskurs don't need Orientierungstest but only Einbürgerungstest.
I hope now you are clear with your doubts emoticon
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/22/13 5:35 PM as a reply to sandeep kumar.
Hi Sandeep,

Thank you very much for your reply. Do you know any law reference/paragraph where this over 8 years stay is mentioned?  It is just because if the Rathaus do not agree then I have something to show them.

Faisal
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
11/19/13 6:09 PM as a reply to Faisal Khan.
Update:
  • Orientierungskurs was not needed.
  • No question(s) raised by any amt.
Kind Regards,
Faisal
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124