Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Current Residence Permit expires with Job contract.

Hello all,

My current work permit expires by the end of Aug'2010. My job contract also expires at the same time. I have already started to search new job, but I do not know what will be my situation if I do not find a new job before the current visa expires. Is there any way to get extension for say some months and during this time can I apply for unemployment benefits ?
I'm not yet eligible for NE.
Thanks to all,
Cheers!!
0 (0 Votos)

Re: Current Residence Permit expires with Job contract.
Respuesta
1/05/10 21:43 en respuesta a infinite loop.
Depends on ABH, you may get 2-3 months extension or you may not allowed to stay beyond Aug 2010.
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
2/05/10 6:08 en respuesta a infinite loop.
and by ABH you mean ??? Foreign Office ??? if i get an extn, what will it be ??? I mean what kind of permit it will be ??? will I be allowed to get unemployment benefit and will it easy for me to sign a new job contract ???

thanks,
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
2/05/10 14:57 en respuesta a infinite loop.
@finiteloop

pls add your history as well, e.g. since when u r in DE? what type of visa u have? what is your brutto salary pro jahr? marital status and any additional info. SO that the experts here can advice.
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
3/05/10 11:48 en respuesta a infinite loop.
Hi,

I am in DE since Aug-2007, I earn 42K as yearly salary(brutto), I'm single, I do not yet have company dependent visa, as I am on TVöD scale. My visa type is 'AUFENTHALTSTITEL' - §18 AufenthG, with a clear statement as, it is bound till my contract with the employee last.

Thanks,
Cheers!!
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
5/05/10 11:47 en respuesta a infinite loop.
Am I eligible for BE ??? I have paid 24 months of tax. I am Wiss. Mitarbeiter employed by TU (not a PhD)

Thanks,
Cheers!!
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
5/05/10 12:04 en respuesta a infinite loop.
You should definiately try and apply now rather than later to avoid to be stuck between ABH and Abeitsamt. ABH could say no because your job is ending and you have no new job offer. But try definiately.
0 (0 Votos)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Estrellas: 39
Fecha: 9/03/19
VAK
Estrellas: 124
Fecha: 25/02/18
trust 7
Estrellas: 3
Fecha: 22/01/18
Ame Elliott