Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Changing to New Company

Toggle
Changing to New Company
Answer
1/24/10 3:40 AM
Hi

I am an IT professional working in germany since November 2008. i have completed 1 Year 2 months in germany on current work permit. Have work permit and reisdance permit till september 2011
I am not happy with my current employer and i want to shift to new company.
If i want to shift to a new company can i leave the current job and stay in germany and search for a new job. If i stay in germany should i have to take care of my insurance/tax?
After i a get a new job, i have to change the work permit? or is there any option like Beschäftigung Erlaubnis (i hope this is only applicable after 2 years completion) to have a employer free visa?

Kindly help me regarding these question.

Thanks a lot in advance

Regards
Joseph Alex
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Changing to New Company
Answer
1/24/10 9:27 AM as a reply to Joseph Alex.
@Joseph Alex :

It will not be wise to leave your current company without having a new job.
I think your current work permit is bounded to your current employer and in case if you leave your current job, your work & Residence permit becomes invalid.
So if above is true, then you can not stay in Germany after you leave your current job.

Yes, you need to get a new permit for new job. You can change your current work permit to BE only after 2 years of working.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/24/10 1:21 PM as a reply to Joseph Alex.
Hi

Thanks for the information.
So the only option i have is find a new job when i am in the current company after getting the offer for new job change the work permit to new company and then leave the current company.

Is that correct?

Also kindly confirm whether the eligibility for BE has been changed to 1 year in recent times?

Regards
Joseph Alex
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/24/10 1:45 PM as a reply to Joseph Alex.
Yes, that is correct.

The eligibility to get BE is still 2 years of working in Germany.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott