Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Temporary work visa to blue card

Toggle
Temporary work visa to blue card
employment visa blue card work visa
Answer
5/6/13 3:01 PM
Hi All,

Hope you all are doing fine. I am again on this forum to need some help. After my last posts here, I managed to get into Germany but only with a temporary 3 month work visa. German embassy in India told me to get in touch with the aliens department here to get an appropriate residence permit issued. I have an unlimited employment contract with my employer and we both want me to stay here longer. 

Here are the questions that I have - 

1. Is it common for new people coming to Germany for work to get a visa for initial 3 months only?

2. If I need to extend it, I can see two possible options - Apply for a residence permit or a blue card. I will definitely want to get a blue card but is that possible for me to do now? Or should I first apply for a residence permit and then apply for a blue card later? Will be great if someone can guide me on the next steps. P.S. I meet all requirements for a blue card

3. Is it possible to switch jobs while beling on a blue card? I read somewhere that if your next job meets all requirements for a blue card, then you can make the switch. But has anyone managed to pull this off before? I am working for a startup and staying in Germany for 3 years with dependency on this job will not be easy. So just want to check on this part and have more clarity

Once again, a big thanks in advance to help me out.

Thanks,
Rohan
0 (0 Votes)

RE: Temporary work visa to blue card
Answer
5/6/13 3:28 PM as a reply to Rohan Garg.
Hi Rohan,

Herzliche Willkommen,

1. Initial visa- varies btwn 3-6 months. mine was for 6.

2. please check pros and cons- Apply for blue card (Only a suggestion, ).R u on probzeit for few mnths?They ask for concrete offer I don't know whether they will treat the offer during probzeit as concrete or not. I waited for my probzeit to be over and ofcourse was a bit lazy...emoticon

oh one thing book your appointment early with ABh.. emoticon

3. Theoretically- yes (after 2 yrs) in consultation with ABH. You may be aware this blue card stuff came into existence from aug-12 onwards. So I think infos are yet to evolve.

Regards,

p.s-not a legal advice
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/6/13 3:41 PM as a reply to saikat sanyal.
Hi hope2shine,

Thanks for the quick response. Did you apply for blue card straight away after your 6 month initial visa? Yes, I am on probation so let's see if that is a barrier. I have taken a date for both blue card and residence permit (BTW taking a date is a nightmare. I found just one slot in the next 3 months, which needless to say, I promptly took). So, let us see which one is granted to me.

May be I can ask my employer to issue me a letter saying that probation is just a formality and that there will be no problem extending the contract. The main benefit of blue card to me is that my wife also gets to work here which is really great.

Thanks,
Rohan
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/6/13 3:58 PM as a reply to Rohan Garg.
Yup Rohan,

I intended to apply.. but got busy with some personal stuff and now I got a slot in july for the meeting in ABH. But it's been 8 mnths I m wrkng here..So in short lost abt a year..emoticon... As I told you was a bit lazy. Anyways, as soon as I saw your post I felt atleast I can suggest you not to waste time.. emoticon . I think blue card shoudn't be a problem in ur case.

well..yes there are other benefits (of blue card) also which I think you may have already gone thru, she will not have this language test barrier to apply for visa etc.

Wish you a great stay and hope ur wife can  join u asap..

Regards
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/30/13 6:30 AM as a reply to Rohan Garg.
Hello Rohan,

Sorry to bother with the question here!
I wanted to know did you take the health insurance for initial month of travel?
& how many years did you write that you need the work permit visa for?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/30/13 7:47 AM as a reply to Riya Sen Gupta.
Travel Insurance which you buy for the intial month is invalid. Travel insurance is not valid for would be residents or residents. You will pay the premium and then your claims will be not paid. There is no need as well. The very first day when you land up contact TKK or some other health insurer to become a member.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott