Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Spouse Visa Situation

Toggle
Spouse Visa Situation
Answer
3/21/10 10:13 PM
Hello

I married few months ago in India. I want my wife to join me in Germany within few months due her pregnancy (want child birth in Germany. Thus I want to apply for a family reunion visa as soon as possible.

My contract with my company recently finished one month ago and I am looking for a new job at the moment. Meanwhile I am doing freelancing earning about 1500 euros per month. I am currently holding NE.

Question:

Can I apply the family reunion visa with my current freelancing status?

In the case I find a job, can I apply in the first month of my new job (I would only be able to show my freelancing transactions for the last 2 months)?

Alternative to the family reunion visa, is there any other kind of visa I could apply for my wife ( eg. short term visit visa)?

I would be thankful for some advices?
Regards
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Spouse Visa Situation
Answer
3/22/10 11:24 AM as a reply to kirs adkkl.
in both situation it seems difficult to get the family reunion visa.

if you get a new job and your wife applies visa in first month, then you might have problem because ABH can refuse or delay your wifes visa because you would be in probitionary period.

what you may can try, while negotiating the new job is to ask them to give you a letter that your probezeit has finished or did not started.

for being as free lancer, to confirm it, best would be to go to ABH now and tell them your income and ask if it would be a problem.

You can also try visit visa for our wife.

Good luck!
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/22/10 8:42 PM as a reply to kirs adkkl.
Thanks
In the case of applying visit visa, would I need to show contract or salary slips?

If my wife come to Germany on visit visa (perhaps for three months):
Can I register myself as married on her arrival?
Could it be complicated with child birth in the case that mother possessing visit visa?
Regards
neel
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/22/10 8:52 PM as a reply to kirs adkkl.
You have to submit salary slips at auslandermat for getting Verpflichtungserklärung..
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/22/10 9:18 PM as a reply to kirs adkkl.
As a freelancer, you don't need to submit salary slips as you have none, you will have to get a paper on your financial status made and signed by a tax consultant.

D.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/24/10 1:08 AM as a reply to kirs adkkl.
Some guideline please:

In the case my wife comes to Germany on visit visa:

Can any legal complication arise with child birth?

Would I register my marriage and change my tax class, or it is only subjected to family reunion visa?

Regards
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/30/10 7:00 PM as a reply to kirs adkkl.
As per my knowledge,I think that in visit visa, changing ur tax class is difficult, both of us have to register in rathaus..

I am not sure if any chance is there to change the tax class, i am also searching for that since my wife had applied for tourist visa due to family visa rejection of 2 years mandatory residence period-
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/31/10 12:15 PM as a reply to kirs adkkl.
Thanks for sharing friend082,

I question:
Issuing a family reunion visa need enquiries, marriage conformations etc and takes time.

I guess, getting visit visa for wife would not include these inquiries and would be a short process. Right?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/5/10 10:48 PM as a reply to kirs adkkl.
Hello,
I would recommend applying for German Language course visa. You can get admission letter for your wife in the local Volksschule very easily.
Normally the course last 6 months but one can get one year visa telling one plans to study furthur.

Regarding changing tax class with tourist visa its no problem.
Tax class is not dependent on the kind of visa but only that husband and wife stay at the same address, and once your wife is here and you registers her same time you can get your new tax card.

Hope this helps...
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/7/10 8:24 PM as a reply to kirs adkkl.
Thanks for the advice,
It seems most suitable way. Indeed she does have a plan to carry her studies in Germany.
A short question:
Is just an admission in Sprachkurs would be enough to ensure visa? …or should she also submit her concrete plans (preliminary admissions etc) for the further study?
Thanks
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/8/10 12:34 PM as a reply to kirs adkkl.
The language course should be intensive which in most cases is for 6 months.
Also better would be to also shortlist some course which she intend to do in future.

Also one thing your wife should apply an independent visa, offcourse you can sponsor by getting a "verpflichtungserklärung" from the Auslanderbehörde with the purpose to support her studies. You can also send a handwritten letter in support.

Hope this helps..
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/9/10 6:04 PM as a reply to kirs adkkl.
May be you need to check one point. Some insurance companies will not pay for the maternity care if you are joining them during pregnancy. They will calculate the exact dates with doctors help.
0 (0 Votes)

Question:
Answer
12/31/10 11:48 AM as a reply to kirs adkkl.
Thanks for posting your ideas. I have question relating to Spouse Visa .....
My sister's husband and my sister, both US citizens were recently married. They both have Z visas however her visa is about to expire and she don't have plans on continuing her job. Is she allowed to tag onto my sister husband's Z visa?
How does a spouse visa work? How do I get one?
Pls help me .......

http://www.maxcommodity.com/best-free-commodity-tips-on-mobile-by-sms/
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3