Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

FAQ and important Links!

Meaning of "rechtmäßigen und gewöhnlichen Aufenthalt in Deutschland"

Toggle
Hallo guys,

can any body define what exactly means the "rechtmäßigen und gewöhnlichen Aufenthalt in Deutschland"

I want to apply for German citizenship and I would like to know how it is interpreted in Sachsen free state i.e 1. Masters study time counted or not counted
           2. PhD time (with contract) counted or not counted

Thanking you!
0 (0 Votes)

the guys who had already got the citizenship can give there opinions about my request in the above post.

I have called the local office here and they are of the opinion that in sachsen the student time (PhD with contract) is not counted for the Citizenship application even though if you had paid all the taxes.

It would be nice if someone can share there experiences...........

thanking you guys!

Regards
Reddi
0 (0 Votes)

i don't have DE citizenship but know a bit about the german laws.

Apply under para 8, Ermessenseinbürgerung. Major requirement is 8 years stay (does not matter, even if you were student for some time).

But again Ermessenseinbürgerung is not your right like Ansprucheinbürerung, It will be decided by the sachsen local govt. Your case may or may not be accepted......

Read the following for more info. Hope as a would/could  be German citizen , the folowing text won't be an issue emoticon

http://www.bundesregierung.de/Content/DE/StatischeSeiten/Breg/IB/Einbuergerung/ee-ermessenseinbuergerung.html

Moreover if you are really very desperate , search for "Rechtshilfe" in your city. There will be legal lawyers to provide  advice for some 1 or 2 euro charge. They will make your picture clear.

All the Best.
0 (0 Votes)

RE: Meaning of "rechtmäßigen und gewöhnlichen Aufenthalt in Deutschland"
Answer
4/30/13 4:03 PM as a reply to Vishal Lakhanpal.
Thanks Dervish for the info.

actually the knowing of the meaning behind the ''8 jahre rechtmäßigen und gewöhnlichen Aufenthalt in Deutschland" arised when I called the local office for the pass or DE of  my new born child. They said that my child is not eligible to get DE or pass (hope I understood correctly, Sachsisch diaelect) as I have not stayed here rechtmässig for 8 years, eventhough i am living and working here for last 11 years (3 years masters+4.5  PhD +3.5 Job).

Regards
0 (0 Votes)

reddi:
Thanks Dervish for the info.

actually the knowing of the meaning behind the ''8 jahre rechtmäßigen und gewöhnlichen Aufenthalt in Deutschland" arised when I called the local office for the pass or DE of  my new born child. They said that my child is not eligible to get DE or pass (hope I understood correctly, Sachsisch diaelect) as I have not stayed here rechtmässig for 8 years, eventhough i am living and working here for last 11 years (3 years masters+4.5  PhD +3.5 Job).

Regards
The inforamtion from info4allien.de
http://www.info4alien.de/einbuergerung/themen/rm_aufenthalt.htm
Rechtmäßiger und gewöhnlicher Aufenthalt
Gerade ehemalige Studenten, die - warum auch immer - nun eine andere Aufenthaltserlaubnis als eine solche zu Studienzwecken besitzen, stellen diese Frage gerne. Bei einer "normalen" Einbürgerung nach § 10 Staatsangehörigkeitsgesetz wird ein rechtmäßiger und gewöhnlicher Aufenthalt von acht (ggf. auch sieben) Jahren gefordert. Es ist unstrittig, dass die (frühere) Aufenthaltsbewilligung, jetzt Aufenthaltserlaubnis für das Studium zum rechtmäßigen Aufenthalt gehört. So steht es auch in Nr. 85.1.1 der Verwaltungsvorschriften zum Staatsangehörigkeitsrecht (StAR-VwV). Die Frage, ob diese Zeiten auch zu den Zeiten des gewöhnlichen Aufenthaltes zählen, ist jedoch strittig. Die Kommentierungen gehen in der Mehrheit davon aus, dass der Aufenthalt praktisch auf Dauer ausgerichtet gewesen sein musste. Das ist aber bei ausländischen Studenten nicht der Fall, sofern sie zwecks Studium erst eingereist sind. Ausländerrechtlich ist bisher klar gestellt, dass es sich um einen vorübergehenden Aufenthalt handelte, der an einen bestimmten Zweck gebunden war (Studium). Laut einem Runderlass des Innenministeriums Nordrhein-Westfalen (Mitte Januar 2004) wird von dort nunmehr die Meinung vertreten, dass Bewilligungszeiten bzw. Studienzeiten angerechnet werden können. Dieses ist ein Ergebnis, dass aus einer Referentenbesprechung der Länder kommt. Die Mehrheit der Bundesländer soll dieser Auffassung sein. In den Bundesländern Bayern, Baden-Württemberg und Sachsen werden solche Zeiten jedoch im Bereich des § 10 StAG nicht angerechnet.Im Bereich des § 8 (Ermessenseinbürgerung) werden diese Zeiten aber immer berücksichtigt, allerdings müssen dann auch die übrigen Voraussetzungen nach § 8 vorliegen, insbesondere muss auch der Lebensunterhalt gesichert und eine Altersvorsorge getroffen worden sein.  Fazit: Es gibt unterschiedliche Rechtsauffassungen zu dem Thema. Also bitte mit der zuständigen Einbürgerungsbehörde vor Ort abklären.

The study times are always counted as "rechtmäßig" but not as "gewöhnlich" by some states. In NRW the study time is counted as "gowöhnlich". As you said in  Sachsen  it is not counted as "gewöhnlich".

So you can opt to shift to a state where the study time is counted  like NRW or wait untill you fullfill the 8 yrs according to Sachsen state rules or can hire a lawyer and try.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott