Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Toggle
AOK Insurance
Answer
12/17/08 2:06 PM
Hi,
my new office has applied for me the AOK insurance. They said that I have been already regsitered in AOK and it becomes effective from 1st Dec 2008 onwards and this insurance covers me and my family as well. But till now I have not received any communication from AOK i.e. no insurance card or number has come to me yet.

Does any one has experience on such case, i.e. how long does it take for AOK to send the relevant papers and insurance card.
0 (0 Votes)

Re: AOK Insurance
Answer
12/17/08 3:29 PM as a reply to Reddy Babu.
It will take a few weeks. But if you have to go to a doctor urgently call the AOK hotline and they will guide you.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/17/08 3:42 PM as a reply to Reddy Babu.
Hi,
Thanks Raj for the quick information. Infact as my wife had to extend her resident permit I thought of getting the health insurance
first and then sending her to visa office for extension. I have my resident permit till end of next year.

But if AOK takes long time to send me the card and documents, then my wife will have to go to visa office for extension and if the visa officer does not ask for insurance then she will be lucky.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/17/08 3:56 PM as a reply to Reddy Babu.
Just drop into any AOK branch and they will give a letter saying your wife will be covered by your Insurance.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/23/08 4:12 PM as a reply to Reddy Babu.
usually they will issue a temporary card before sending the chip card. you just have to go there and ask them. thats all.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/16/09 4:50 PM as a reply to Reddy Babu.
Yes they should be able to give you a temporary one or a letter that states that you have applied for insurance. Ours took about 4 weeks.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott