Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

FAQ and important Links!

498a the law which every NRI and PIO should be aware of

Toggle
If you are an NRI or PIO then please be aware about the Indian law which is heavily being misused.

This is recent example of my friend of mine from Frankfurt who is unmarried and studying here in Germany for last 2 yrs was charged by one of his distant relative on this false 498a case and to prove his innocense he had to fly back to India and only after 7 months he could return which almost reuined his career.

If you want to know more about this Indian law named 498a then you can just google and find tons of info.On this issue a movie is going to be released in July and i hope there will be some sponser for this to show on RTL so Germans also are aware about real Indian culture and not just SRK movies.

www.facebook.com/498aWeddingGift

All Indian men married or single must read this book and be prepared.

Just Married: Have you Applied for Bail
Author : Suresh P
0 (0 Votes)

RE: 498a the law which every NRI and PIO should be aware of
Answer
4/14/13 11:32 PM as a reply to sandeep kumar.
www.498a.org/498aexplained.htm

The reason for posting this thread is to make people living here aware about the misuse of this law in India as its mostly NRI's and their families who are victims of this law.In India more than 70000 married husbands committed suicide because of this law and most of these people are Highly educated engineers and software professionals like us.In the last week itself 5 men took their life one a Banglore Techie,one person living in Dubai,One from Delhi Karkardooma incident,One from Bengal and One from Chennai.
If any of you or your family members are victim of this law then please contact SIFF(Saveindianfamilyfoundation.org)
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/16/13 11:48 PM as a reply to sandeep kumar.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/17/13 6:01 PM as a reply to sandeep kumar.
sandeepkumar:
..........In the last week itself 5 men took their life one a Banglore Techie,one person living in Dubai,One from Delhi Karkardooma incident,One from Bengal and One from Chennai.

Dude....just wanted to let you know that we will always remember you.

......just in case you are planning to join the list.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/17/13 10:11 PM as a reply to Akshay Khanna.
Akshay,
good joke emoticon although unwanted..this forum missed your sarcasm all these years.

By the way, its a serious subject and lets be informed
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/18/13 12:09 AM as a reply to Akshay Khanna.
[quote=akshay

Dude....just wanted to let you know that we will always remember you.
]
......just in case you are planning to join the list.

Akshay maybe its only a joke for you but this is really a serious issue and Indian government is ignoring the fact.This law is destroying the life of thousands of innocent people.My intention was only to make people aware about this as most of the people registered here are Indians.
Its sad that highly educated people are being targeted by misuse of this law and labelling them as criminals for life.Indian men should think twice before they marry a Indian girl as by misuse of this law your wife can put you along with your old parents and all your relatives in jail and for this she only need to make a complaint and no proof or investigation needed.
The Delhi incident of rape was reported by every German media and i hope one day someone can take up this issue and publish it in German media and show this legal terrorism in India.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/18/13 7:53 AM as a reply to sandeep kumar.
Thanks Sandeep for information. I personally know one who is going through all this.

But this is not the only law which is misused to such an extent. IT-law/act which can put you in jail for posting something on facebook. The definition of something is so unclear that something could be "Mother of MP xyz is fat", similarly law that prohibits holding your wife's hand or putting your arm over her shoulder may also land you in jail (happens often in Mumbai). In a recent case a Mumbaikar was held for passing a goodbye kiss on cheeks of his friend.

I do not know who write all these laws. Really lawmakers need to do a lot of brain-storming before passing a new law.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/18/13 2:44 PM as a reply to Tony Gill.
Hi Sandeep,

Thanks for the information and I totally agree/understand with whatever you are saying. 

This law is being misused by many in India whether it is a love or arrange marriage. But when if you are NRI/PIO then its really bad. I dont know how many people saw the big fat indian wedding episode on Satyamavjayate by Aamir Khan which was one sided story and the guy was living in US. Really strange of what media shows is a one sided event.

I dont know when this law is going to change but atleast we should discuss as to what all steps/precautions one needs to take before they are getting married and going abroad. And any experiences on how to fight it when someone is facing this.

ciao..
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/22/13 12:35 AM as a reply to M S.
If anyone could publish an article about this legal terrorism in a German magazine and make people in Europe aware about why there is only 1% divorce in India.In India if a man use the term divorce then he and his family along with his siblings are put behind bars.There is no option as the Indian law forces 2 people to live together forever.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/22/13 8:39 AM as a reply to sandeep kumar.
Hello Sandeep,

I am not sure if the divorce rate you have written is true, but I am sure that 498a is not the only reason for this. The law is very new and stop blaming it for all atrocities on men and please stop pretending that most Indian men are innocent, who love their wives and if they don't then Indian wives threaten to use 498a against them.

It is not only the law that forces man to live with his wife, but also the socio-economic pressure which forces woman to live with man. Do not know exact figure but I am sure that more women have been burnt for dowry, have become victim of domestic violance than those who have been victim of 498a. Of course this does not justify the mis-use of this law.

And do not pretend that NRI men have too innocent and naive. In every town of Punjab you will come across cases where NRI men dumped Indian wife, took all dowry with them or where they used voilence against there helpless wives abroad. Meanwhile, in Punjab the laws against such NRIs have become too strict and filing a complaint for women is becoming easier and easier. Of course this will also be misused, just like 498a but what to do? Laws are made to protect majority and minority always mis-use it. 498a is worst example but please do not blame it for everything.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/22/13 9:20 PM as a reply to Tony Gill.
@Tony
Please be informed that 498a is not a new law but its misuse started in the last few years and now in India especially in metros daily thousands of cases are being registered and police arresting people and it has become a money making business for lawyers,police and Women's Organisation.

About burning women for dowry then please be noted that the Indian feminists group has created a mindset that in India women are being burnt and they are suffering and for this these NGOs are being heavily funded from West to help women but In reality the wife burning cases are only few in a billion population country.

About NRI men from Punjab we only know one side of the story but the other side is the women are having sham marriages to get Visa and when things don't work they are misusing law.The family of girl knows that these NRI's are already married but still for Visa they get married.

Please get more info about 498a from this website

http://www.maritaljustice.org/
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/27/13 7:40 PM as a reply to sandeep kumar.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott