Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Help needed!

Dependent Visa Extension

Toggle
Dependent Visa Extension
Answer
9/7/11 3:14 AM
I am a NE holder and my wife is staying in Germany on a Dependent Visa from fast 4 years.

Visa was initially given for 2 years and extended one more time for 2 years. As it is expiring again in Oct, I applied with all relevant documents and asked for an appointment. Foreign office people called me and saying they want a German Integration course certificate to extend the visa.

My wife had an A1 certificated done in India initially (4 years back). Same was submitted. But again called said like that is not sufficient.

Can you please help me with the information like what is the exact rule to extent the dependent visa, who is staying in Germany for more than 4 years with dependent Visa?
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Dependent Visa Extension
Answer
9/7/11 12:31 PM as a reply to tulasi p.
Hi,

During first visa extension of your wife did you ask for a document which gives you rabatt for integration course (1 euro / per hour)? If yes then your wife should complete the integration course. It is must except in some exceptional cases.
http://www.gesetze-im-internet.de/aufenthg_2004/__44a.html

Baba
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/7/11 12:53 PM as a reply to tulasi p.
thats crazy...from city to city,they handle this differently.

as the previous poster told, have you got any document from your foreign office when you extended your wife's visa for the first time after she arrived to Germany?
the document in german might be titled as
'Zulassung zum Integrationskurs (Berechtigungsschein)'...so basically with this document,you can go to a language school or volkshochschule in your city to register for an integration course...

from your post,it seems that you have not got such Berechtigungsschein from ABH or you ignored it. In any case, they should have at least followed up when you went for an extension after 2 yrs. It is not reasonable to ask you now.

the integrationkurs's main purpose is to help the newly arrived spouse to get used to the german language and the system. If one has already lived 4 yrs here, what is the point to ask for a integrationkurs zertifikat now.

My suggestion would be..
speek to the case officer in a polite tone explaining the things in German. perhaps if possible your wife can also speak in german language with the case officer.

has she studied anything in Germany? worked?
bring those docs along with u. her degree qualification might also help.

I am sure that the case officer should be convinced...or request the case officer so that you can directly speak to the case officer's boss.

If nothing works, you can definitely go to a Rechtanwalt..a lawyer.

Parallelly, you can look for the following...
what is your wife's german proficiency?
You can contact a sprachschule who offers integrationkkurs..and check out the possibility of directly writing the exam adn get the certificate. the exam is not very difficult. you can help her.

Good luck...
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/7/11 3:03 PM as a reply to tulasi p.
Hi, Many thanks for your answers.

I assume there is some document, but we ignored that time due to other reason like kids. And my wife German proficiency level is very poor and would have forget more from last years.

Currently I am stying with my wife and kid.

Is there any obsticle to extend visa, as they are staying more than 4 years?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/7/11 3:16 PM as a reply to tulasi p.
Hi,

@rvkvaradhu: I do not mean to discourage the thread starter. I just tried to explain my case itself.

My wife was also not able to complete the intergartion course because of her employment. Bearater in rathaus agreed to extend my wife's visa with lot of arguments. He said whether you work full time(paid all taxes) or not does not matter. Finally he extended when my wife signed a document that she will complete the course and bring it for the next extension.

@tani007: As rvkvaradhu said just speak to the berater politely and give him genuine reason for not completion. I think there are some language centers in germany where mothers(along with chidren)can do integration course. Search for "Deutsch mit Kinderbetreuung" for your city.

Baba
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/8/11 11:53 AM as a reply to tulasi p.
Hi,

Since ur wife has completed 4 years next year she will be eligible for NE and she needs the language certificate to get that. Even if you convince now she needs to do the course before next year. After that if she wants to get citizenship then also she needs the certificate. So if you have a long term plan of staying in Germany it is better to start the course now.
After 2005 Integration course is a must and they may ask this at any stage of you visa extensions depending on your luck.
For this time may be they will give you an extension if you show that she registered for the course and next time you can show the Intg.course certificate.
Now for getting Intg.course certificate, scoring B1 level is not a must and even with A2 level in the DTZ exam will be enough.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/8/11 8:27 PM as a reply to tulasi p.
@Babashankar

I didn't say anything against your post man. :-)
I was just wondering how every city and each case officer deals things differently.

my wife got only 1 yr for the first time though I had NE. she was provided with berechtigungschein and the case officer made a point abt doing the integrationcourse. after arnd 3 months,we got a letter from our ABH to send a proof of my wife's participation in an integration course.
when we went for 2nd extension, they asked for int.kurs bescheinigung. It was a strict follow up. my wife finished the int course and took the exams..but results didnot come. so they once again extended only for 1 yr. when I asked,why can't they extend for at least 2 yrs,she told that she would have if my wife already passed...

One of my frnd's wives got an extension of 3 yrs for the first time itself.there is no follow up abt int.kurs..perhaps after 3 yrs,they may ask...
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott