Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Dependent Visa for my wife while I am on student visa.

Toggle
I am a BE graduate from India with 5+ yrs Experience and now am planning to pursue my Masters in Germany. I am married and want to take my wife along with me to Germany. emoticon

My query is can my wife accompany me while I am on student visa to Germany? If yes, what procedures Should I follow?

I agree to fund my Wife along with me during my studies in Germany, How much total fund should I show to the consulate to get the visa approved both for me and my wife?
0 (0 Votes)

RE: Dependent Visa for my wife while I am on student visa.
Answer
3/25/13 9:44 PM as a reply to Ravi Shankar.
I am not sure about the procedures but I share what I know..

My man is in a student visa as well but he is a pHD student and I am in Germany.
For yourself as a student, you have to deposit in the deutshe bank around 8000 euros. Also you will be asked to show a minimum income of 800 euros per month (not sure)so that you can fund your wife. But as you are going to be a master student here, You might have to deposit some amount for her as well depending on how long you stay here in Germany.

I dont think you can take your wife along with you when you arrive in Germany. However, once you are here and when have arranged all the requirements like the arranging the place for stay and so on, then you can start your visa processing for your wife.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/21/13 2:49 PM as a reply to Ravi Shankar.
Hi ravishankar,

Even i have the same problem. Did you manage to get a depenedt visa for your wife?

If so, what is the procedure?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/25/13 10:29 PM as a reply to Ajit.
To obtain a dependent permit for your wife you'll need to demonstrate that you have 790€ + your rent + health insurance per month (if your wife will be joining you, it is better to choose public health insurance if you are eligible).
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/10/14 6:43 AM as a reply to Arianne.
arianne:
To obtain a dependent permit for your wife you'll need to demonstrate that you have 790€ + your rent + health insurance per month (if your wife will be joining you, it is better to choose public health insurance if you are eligible).
Hi,
Even I am in need of a dependent visa. I called the German Embassy today and they flatly refused that a dependent visa cannot be issued on a student visa.

Where you able to obtain a dependent visa? Please let me know if so..
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/29/16 3:03 PM as a reply to Vizhi.
Hi I am in the same situation of getting my wife on dependant visa to germany could you please help me on it.
I am on student visa will start my PhD in biophysics from Jan 2017 and my expenses are taken care by the stiphen given by the university. So after 3 months I want to bring my wife to germany on dependant Visa. Is it Possible ?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/3/17 3:42 PM as a reply to Ravi Shankar.
Hello Ravi,
I am currently in the same situation as you were.. could you please let me know if you were successful in getting the visa for your wife while you were a student ?

Regards,
Shashi
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3