Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Help needed!

KITA - what are the first steps and info required

Toggle
Hello All,
My kid is already 8 months old and I am planning to register him in a KITA in Düsseldorf. I want to do it early because I have heard that it is very difficult to get a kid into KITA when he/she is 2-3 years old.

Hence I want to collect the information and start the steps as early as possible.
I request members to share with me good KITA schools where I can register in Düsseldorf area.

Also can anyone share how much is the fees per month for the kid. I heard from some that it is free and some say it costs ca 300€ per month.

Regards
0 (0 Votes)

RE: KITA - what are the first steps and info required
Answer
3/15/13 11:35 PM as a reply to Lee Rosy.
Hi,

I live in BW and situation of KITAs is different among various states in Germany. You sould ask your colleagues who have childern going to KITA. Anyways, if you were living in Mannheim you had to do the following:

- Till last year knock door of every KITA which you find suitable for your kid and fill their form and wait until they decided where your kid could go. This was a week job where one visited 6-7 nearby KITAs but now this kinda wishlist submission is central, so we are hoping that from this year the situation becomes better as we have just sent one wishlist to an Amt and they will forward it. This completely depends on your city.
- In Mannheim since this year it does not depend how early you did Anmerkung but seats are given on point system but in old system since the waiting list is usually (at least in big cities) big, I will suggest you to do Anmerkung soon. Many do it even before the kid is actually there.
- Jsut an advice, find KITA nearest to your home.

Ciao
Tony
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3