Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

NE-EU Correct Text

Toggle
NE-EU Correct Text
Answer
7/17/08 3:03 PM
I have an NE since a year with the following text:
"Niederlassungserlaubnis Daueraufenthalt EG" where Daueraufenthalt EG is additionay printed on the sticker at the KVR and the Niederlassungserlaubnis probably during production of the sticker.
Is this the correct title for a EU NE, the one that allows you to reside in most of EU with up to 12 months breaks?
I have a new passport and will go to KVR Munich so that they gie me the sticker in the new passport and intending to ask for the EU NE.
Can the guys that have this tell me what they have exactly in their passports and let me know what should I ask for?
Thank you in advance for spending a few minutes for this.
I.
0 (0 Votes)

Re: NE-EU Correct Text
Answer
7/18/08 1:21 PM as a reply to cybigi tempo.
Guys, can you please advise on the issue above before I go to the KVR? It would realy help me knowing what exactly I need to ask for there.
Thanks.
I.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/18/08 2:19 PM as a reply to cybigi tempo.
"Niederlassungserlaubnis Daueraufenthalt EG" is ONLY for Germany and does not apply outside Germany. If you stay outside Germany for more than 6 months, then this becomes void
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/18/08 3:02 PM as a reply to cybigi tempo.
@Troubadix,

Have a look,

http://www.duesseldorf.de/auslaenderamt/daueraufenthalt_eg/index.shtml
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/12/08 3:46 PM as a reply to cybigi tempo.
@stutt23, @Akshay, thank you for your comments.
All, can some of you please post your exact titles that you have on the sticker?
I know that there is a clear difference between the German NE and the EU NE so that is why I want to have the correct text before I go to KVR.
I appreciate it.
I.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/13/08 12:59 AM as a reply to cybigi tempo.
when the Daueraufenthalt-EG first came out, they did not have printed stickers for Daueraufenthalt-EG
and they used Niederlassungserlaubnis stickers and printed Daueraufenthalt-EG manually on Niederlassungserlaubnis stickers, but this does not mean you do not have Daueraufenthalt-EG, if you have a Niederlassungserlaubnis sticker and manually printed Daueraufenthalt-EG letters near it, this does not mean you do not have Daueraufenthalt-EG.

There is no term like NE-EG btw.

Currently Daueraufenthalt-EG stickers are available with nice "§ 9a" remark on them. If you have €85 you can go and ask for it. If you are lucky you do not pay it. Enjoy ;)
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/13/08 7:32 PM as a reply to cybigi tempo.
pwehrli,
thanks that was insightful, especialy about the pre-printed stickers.
One more thing about the Daueraufenthalt-EG: Is that the "EU NE" that allows a person to work in EU and reside up to 12 months outside of EU in contrast to the German NE that allows up to 6 months absence?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/13/08 7:53 PM as a reply to cybigi tempo.
The major differences are:

Niederlassungserlaubnis: (NE) Aufenthaltgesetz §9
http://bundesrecht.juris.de/aufenthg_2004/__9.html
Should have stayed in Germany for atleast 60 consecutive months, No need for 60 months pension payment, Could stay and work in German permanently, Becomes invalid if you leave germany for more than 6 consecutive months.

Daueraufenthalt EG: (D-EG) Aufenthaltgesetz §9a
http://bundesrecht.juris.de/aufenthg_2004/__9a.html
Should have stayed in Germany for atleast 60 consecutive months,60 months pension payment is required, Could stay and work in Europe (with exceptions to some countries) permanently, Becomes invalid if you leave European Union for more than 12 consecutive months.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott