Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Integration

Einbürgerung

Toggle
Einbürgerung
Answer
8/11/10 1:23 PM
Hey guys,
I am since 2001 in Germany. Did my BSc and MSc in germany and since Nov. 2007 doing PhD in LMU Munich. Next year I would be done with my PhD and start as a postdoc

Assuming that I don’t need a NE, as a postdoc I would like to directly apply for Einbürgerung. I read here that student time (even in Bayern) is counted fully for Einbürgerung (unlike NE). So I would be already 10 years in Germany next year. In regard to §8 or §10 I won’t need to worry about 7 or 8 years. However, I also read that applying for §8 (especially in Munich), highers the chance of having the student time fully recognized. Is this true? Do you guys recommend that I apply through §8 or §10 or any other options? Does it help or is it necessary to have NE for Einbürgerung?

Thanks again!
K
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Einbürgerung
Answer
8/12/10 2:44 AM as a reply to Kamran H.
As you correctly stated study times dont count in Bayern (also PHD doesnt count if it was on a student visa).

However, once you have completed more than 8 years they count your education time somehow emoticon but it is discretionary citizenship under paragraph 8. So basically the officer will himself suggest you paragraph 8.

However, you need to have a normal work-permit or a Niederlassungserlaubnis to apply for a citizenship. In general, as it is discretionary citizenship, your application needs to look good emoticon So a Niederlassung looks better than a normal work-permit.

I would suggest that you get a Niederlassungslerlaubnis für Hochqualifizierte §19 Aufenthg. Your prof. should write a nice letter how important and great you are and all the papers you submitted. Then you can get it without 60 month contribution etc etc.

Then apply for citizenship and it should go through emoticon

(PS: I applied in Munich and was a student too)
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/12/10 2:08 PM as a reply to Kamran H.
Thanks a lot supersid emoticon
May I ask your about your experience and your studying history in Germany? How many years were you a student and how long a PhD student? How long did you work (as a postdoc or else?). And rente? I understand it never came into question as "highly qualified" scientist.
And one more thing. What should I ask my boss to write for recommending me as a highly qualified scientist? and what are the chances?
How long did it get for you to get the NE and the German citizenship?
Cheers
K
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/12/10 4:25 PM as a reply to Kamran H.
Hey dude, congrats. I also got my Einbürgerung this month, I'm really happy about it, it will open many doors in the future.

Cheers,
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18