Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Marriage Certificate Attestation for Spouse Visa Application in Mumbai

Toggle
Dear Turst7 experts,

sorry to bother you people but just had a quick question which has been bothering me a bit after going through the threads here relating to the attestion of the marriage certificate for spouse visa application in Mumbai.

Well, I am from Pune and would be getting married in Pune in November and plan to apply for my wife's visa at the start of December at the German Consulate in Mumbai. As such, I would be obtaining my marriage certificate from Pune and so my question is whether is it compulsory to get this marriage certificate attested before I give it for translation and certification to the Indo-German Chamber of Commerce in Mumbai and submit both the english and translated german marriage certificates at the time of Visa application?
Also, from which goverment authority in Pune/Mumbai should I get this english marriage certificate attested?

Anybody who recently applied in Mumbai, could shed come light on this issue.

Thanx in advance for your time and help.
Have a nice day and a nice week ahead.

Regards,
Monty
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Marriage Certificate Attestation for Spouse Visa Application in Mumbai
Answer
7/10/08 5:02 PM as a reply to Monty Narula.
Even if you get it attested, the consulate most of the times try to check the authencity with you paying the money for it. Why bother getting it attested?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/11/08 11:09 AM as a reply to Monty Narula.
Hello to everyone,

@Raj: Yes, true but still I guess I should be better prepared from my side.

Well, any information on the same from anyone would be very helpful.

Thanx again and wishing you all a nice day and a wonderful weekend.

Regards,
Monty
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/11/08 3:17 PM as a reply to Monty Narula.
Even after translation and attestation, your marriage certificate may be sent for verification.
This was the case for some applicants.

Translation to German may be helpful.

Good luck with your visa.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/11/08 3:43 PM as a reply to Monty Narula.
@stutt23: Thanx for the info, but still my question remains unanswered.

Where can I get the english marriage certificate attested from (in Pune/Mumbai) before getting it translated and certified in German from the Indo-German Chamber of Commerce?

Thanx.

Regards,
Monty
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/11/08 3:51 PM as a reply to Monty Narula.
@montydc

You are still wasting your time and energy. Why do u want to get it attested? How is it goin to help you in anyway? It does not matter for the consulate if the document is attested or not. Well if you still want to do it, ask the consulate directly. Better idea oder?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/11/08 4:34 PM as a reply to Monty Narula.
Any attestation done will have to be verified again by the consulate.

You pay Rs. 50.00 to the notary he will attest any document.

That is the reason, they do not require any attestation.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/16/08 10:52 AM as a reply to Monty Narula.
Hi,
Marriage certificate attestation has to be done by the ministry of external affairs of govt of India.
Its good to have as you might need it at Indian consulates and other official purposes to prove your marriage.
Every state has a joint secretary from the center to state and he sits in the state secretariat, you have to file an application and provide some proofs for DOB, passport etc and he will attest in one or two days, some states it takes more than 4 weeks.

The German consuls got no faith in such Indian documents despite being signed by the ministry of external affairs and they still send some private detective or wtever you call him/her and get the marriage verified. All that guy does is, go to your neighborhood or to local registration office and gets some info , bits and pieces here and there and he will give his GO.

Funny part is we have to pay 8000rs per Indian document we submit to get this kind of delays (12 weeks, they mention in the letter not to call/fax/communicate to consulate for 12 weeks) and verifications. So its better to just submit the marriage certificate copy to embassy otherwise they might charge you 8000 per Indian document (eg: birth certificate etc). Why to give them a chance to delay our process with our money?

All you can do from your side is,
Attestation by ministry of external affairs.
German Translation for the marriage certificate.

hope this helps!!!
0 (0 Votes)

Can i find Job in germany after married with German girl?
Answer
7/28/08 4:18 PM as a reply to Monty Narula.
Hello...
IM WASIM JUST JOINED UR COMMUNITY FROM PAKISTAN.ACTUALLY I WANT TO GET SOME INFORMATION ABOUT NEW LEGISLATION FOR GUYS WHO MARRY WITH GERMAN GIRLS AND SEARCH FOR A JOB IN GERMANY..I CAME TO KNOW THAT ITS MUCH TOUGH TO GET JOB IN THIS SITUATION NOWADAYS..THE FIRST PRIORITY WOULD BE TO GERMAN GUYS THEN OTHERS..IS IT TRUE?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/17/08 1:50 PM as a reply to Monty Narula.
I have applied for dependent visa for my wife and kid at Chennai Consulate, India. Now I got a letter from consulate saying that the German authorities need verification of my marriage certificate and my kid.s birth certificate. She has already travelled to Germany on dependent Visa 3 years back. Inspite of this they want detectives to verify our marriage emoticon

My workpermit is waiting the final approval and will be given in few days time. Me and my family will now have to travel separately. Anyone who had similair experiences, can you please share it? Especially on how much time it took for the process to complete
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott