Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

finding job after being Arbeitslos???

Toggle
finding job after being Arbeitslos???
Answer
3/15/06 7:18 PM
Hi,

i just want to ask how it effects in finding a job (software engineer-java) etc. if i am arbeitslos after having worked more than 5 yrs in Deutschland and being a NE holder? i got my kündigung after working 7 months and its the first time that so happened. Its likely that company will write in arbeitszeugnis that i was fired.
Is anybody out there who have had already such experience?
thank for you for any reply and advices how to deal the situation in regard to finding a new job.
Irrelevant.
0 (0 Votes)

Re: finding job after being Arbeitslos???
Answer
3/15/06 9:11 PM as a reply to mubi hussan.
The company will never write in your Zeugnis that you've been fired, they will just give a secret appreciation of how they were satisfied with your work.

On 5 Zeugnissen I have received since I'm in Germany, just one was with a negative feedback (well, the work was boring and people on T7 knew how I was wisching to quit and how I was in joy when doing it).

If you have a NE, it's more easy to find a job because people know you're here on a long term basis and they prefer long term relationship in a job position.

But you can decide to go on your own and go freelancer (like I just did) but in this case, you will have to be careful and be sure you can get something, but you also have to use some tricks when applying to it, so it's up to you.

People do prefer Festanstellung but being Freiberufler is not that bad, living it for a couple of weeks and it's all good.

So to cut it short, your company will never say you've been fired (unless they are questionned by the company doing the interview but in that case, choose yourself a good reference there who they will talk to) and finding a job, with Ne and good command of German is ok.

D.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18