Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Start Up

Parttime PhD along with job

Parttime PhD along with job
Answer
3/11/06 2:46 AM
I have completed MSc in an Engineering field from Germany and started a job in company last year.
My work permit is fixed for only my present company with the statement "selbständige tätigkeit nicht gestattet". recently I have receieved an PhD offer as halb stele wissenschaftliche mitarbeiter from a Prof of the university in the same city. I am very interested to avail
this oppertunity. Let's say if i get permission from my comapny that I can do that PhD part time and professor also aggree. I convert my company job also half time job. Can I be allowed by ausländebehörde ? Arbeitsamt would definately not like it, but PhD work permission is nothing to do with Arbeitsamt. I guess it will all depends upon ausländebehörde or perhaps some laws.

I would be very thankful for any guideline.

2..another general question

There are two kinds of PhD positions, as scientific student (research grant that is non tex paid) and as wissenschaftliche mitarbeiter(tex paid position). Which position might have more future benifits (regarding residency of visa benifits) for a person who like to start a PhD degree.

Regards
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18