Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Integration

Cheap calls to india and free for many other countries

Toggle
voipzoom.com ( For @2.4 cents incl. VAT to India)
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Cheap calls to india and free for many other countries
Answer
2/2/09 7:38 PM as a reply to SSDK SSDK.
FYI

freecall.com , nonoh.net , justvoip.com and voipzoom.com , all these websites are from one provider...its cheap but sometimes your accounts will be blocked. A friend of mine went to complain in Köln when his account was blocked but there was no offcie.They have just registered @ that place for post !!!
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/2/09 7:54 PM as a reply to SSDK SSDK.
VOIP is not yet legal in India. So those websites are illegal. They are fly by night operators.

I know some chaps have given online authorisation from their savings a/c for buying cards. Doing so is at your own peril.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/3/09 11:55 AM as a reply to SSDK SSDK.
I use these sites to call to India/other places for the last 2.5 years.
You put the money and you can call for that amount, no need of automatic transfer from banks or credit card authorization etc.
I always put minimum amout of 10 euros with vat approx 13 euros and only had minor glitches on some days(I understand it also contains software :-))
if they run with that amount let them :-)
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/3/09 6:01 PM as a reply to SSDK SSDK.
I also use one of these (Justvoip). Transfers money with Paypal, so no automatic transfer.

Recently I moved my telecom provider from Deutsche Telecom to 1und1. Now I can no longer make calls with Call by Call numbers (by prefixing like 01026).

I set up my modem (which is AVM fritzbox, VOIP enabled), with account info from Justvoip. For more info see http://www.justvoip.com/en/sipp.html. Then I changed dialing rules, such that, all international calls are routed thru Justvoip. So from my fone, I dont call dial directly using Justvoip with no hassles.

Till now it is working good! Hope it works without glitches.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/3/09 8:29 PM as a reply to SSDK SSDK.
@unithan,

seems you are lucky. because it depends on the DSL provider. My provider is O2 and they dont allow VOIP calls direclty through third party proxy-server. I was able to setup my justvoip sip account and able to register, but dont get any response back when i try to make call.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/4/09 10:45 AM as a reply to SSDK SSDK.
Im applying for Alice dsl/festnet connection. Do I need to ask them if they support voip service or not?
do I need to buy any specfic hardware for voip?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/4/09 7:19 PM as a reply to SSDK SSDK.
deathinc,

"Im applying for Alice dsl/festnet connection. Do I need to ask them if they support voip service or not?"
-Well you may ask them, but i am sure that person at the front desk/customer care not able to answer you. These days most of providers support VOIP calls, the telephone numbers they provide you on your DSL router ports are actually VOIP. The other thing(which they never like) is to use their DSL as transport and connect directly to third party as SIP like justvoip etc. and if they allow, then you are lucky and actually making cheap calls via just voip while using your DSL flat rate IP connection.

"do I need to buy any specfic hardware for voip?"
- you can install a soft phone on your PC(just voip provide one readily, else download some freeware clients. but its better to buy a VOIP cordless phone and register it(if provider allows). Gives you freedom, you dont need PC.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/5/09 1:27 AM as a reply to SSDK SSDK.
Hi deathinc,

http://www.billiger-surfen.de/dsl-rechner/

Freenet & 1und1 provide Fritzbox with DSL compelet packet. Fritzbox or similar box is needed for voip. I am using freenet compelete for last 2 years and quit satisfied. You can choose whatever suits you.

Regards.

Dilbir
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/6/09 3:03 PM as a reply to SSDK SSDK.
@subir79

> My provider is O2 and they dont allow VOIP
> calls direclty through third party proxy-
> server. I was able to setup my justvoip sip
> account and able to register, but dont get any
> response back when i try to make call.

Hmmm! That is bad. Did you check the contract? Is there something specifically written that they will block this?

Tried any other voip providers like Sipgate or X-lite (calling to their trial number).
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/8/09 3:03 PM as a reply to SSDK SSDK.
Hi,

I did not understood comletely the SIP concept.

I am also trying to change from Tcom to O2 as my dsl provider. Until now, I used PC to call destination number. That is services like justvoip, freecall, nonoh etc. They provided a software to install on PC and I can log in and call destination number from that software. I did not had any problems to get connected. Can I firstly expect that if I change from Tcom to O2, would it work without problems?

I think, for using SIP phone, it is a bit different, which the corresponding DSL provider might not support all.

Can some one please educate me, so that I proceed with my change over from Tcom to O2.

Thanks,
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/8/09 6:12 PM as a reply to SSDK SSDK.
@alien,

if you use softfone client on your pc from your provider such as justvoip, you wont have any issues with O2 becuase it doesnt use SIP as underlying protocol. BUT if you try to install SIP based client (hardware/softfone), most likly they block.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/10/09 1:16 AM as a reply to SSDK SSDK.
http://nymgo.com/

chk it..
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/10/09 10:54 AM as a reply to SSDK SSDK.
Hi Subir79/*,

I have come across the similar situation with O2. Just even managed to configure the Router(blue-Elephant) to spare the new SIP ports for VOIP. Even, the 4-lines, are also SIP-based voip numbers from O2.

Still, I had problems with the O2-provided router, so its resting in my Keller.

The end solution is to buy Fritz-box (provided your contract with O2 is not ending soon, that you could go for 1und1 or similar which provide Fritz-box).

With Fritz-box, there does not get any botherations and restrictions and I have configured it to get the following benefits:
- Ofcourse SIP-VOIP (10 free configurable lines)
- Call-forwarding
- Call-Thru (if intelligently configured :-) could be used to have a Base like Mobile-Flat, provided your Mobile and DSL is running under same contract)
- Remote Administration
- Fax
and so on....

To help configure Fritzbox: http://www.ip-phone-forum.de
Google.de (Fritzbox WLAN 7XXX, XXX-->YOUR MODEL)

Gruss an Alle.

A.T
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/10/09 11:32 AM as a reply to SSDK SSDK.
@All

Daily updated VoIP price chart.

http://www.backsla.sh/betamax
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/10/09 12:16 PM as a reply to SSDK SSDK.
I dont know about 1und1 related to voip but its the worst service provider i have ever meet till now.

They even cheated me, forcing the contract again for 2 years if i shift from one place to other(they dont want to continue the existing contract).

+ router and fone jam when using p2p software most of the time.

thats why I applied Alice and hope this voip thing work with Alice .(and the rest of 1und 1 contract i need to pay without using it).
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott