Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Assessment of education certificates (ZAB) for Blue Card - Detlef Pls Help

Toggle
Assessment of education certificates (ZAB) for Blue Card - Detlef Pls Help
employment visa blue card zab education certificates national visa assessment of education certificates
Answer
1/23/13 4:29 PM
Hi All,
    I applied for my German National Visa on Oct 9, 2012 at the German Consulate in Bangalore. At the time of interview, the person at the consulate asked me to submit my passport and final degree certificate with them and said that it would take 6 - 8 weeks to approve the visa. As I never got any update there after I kept calling the visa hotline number from November 4th week onwards (as it neared the 6th week). Parallely, my employer got in touch with the Auslanderbehorde, and got an update that I will have to do an assessment of my degree certificate. I called up the consulate with this information but was told by the consulate personal that they don't have that information and that my application is still under processing and they cannot disclose any additional information. All this happened during late novermber and first few days of December. I kept on calling the bangalore visa section all through december there after, but none of my calls were ansered. During the second week of Jan 2013, I got a call from the consulate saying that the assessment needs to be done and I need to do it personally. Luckliy my employer, has initiated it for me, but now the issue is that the assessment process could take a good 3 to 4 months.

Is there anyone who is facing the same issue as mine. I would also like to know if there is any other alternative to speed up the assessment process (like an express check or anything similar), or if this is mandatory for the employment visa. Any response would be much appreciated and I am really in a fix. I resigned my Job under the assumption that I might be getting the visa in Dec or late by Jan. 

Thanks in advance,
Joe.
+1 (1 Vote)

RE: Assessment of education certificates (ZAB) for Blue Card - Detlef Pls H
Answer
1/24/13 6:40 AM as a reply to Joe C Varghese.
Thanks for the info. I have an offer for a job as a senior software developer and I have a total of 12 years of experience in this field. My job location is Paderborn. Are you working already in Germany or have you applied for a visa? Could you please share your experience. 

Thanks,
Joe.

0 (0 Votes)

RE: Assessment of education certificates (ZAB) for Blue Card - Detlef Pls H
Answer
5/26/14 2:07 PM as a reply to Joe C Varghese.
I am in the same boat joe. Can you please share your experience.. How long did it take you to get your degree assessment?
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott