Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

German family reunion visa

Toggle
German family reunion visa
Answer
1/17/13 1:30 PM
Hi Friends,

i have a question. wanted to apply for family reunion visa for my wife. we got married in last november.
with the help of agent we applied for visa. Agent says he has given all the docs to VFS in chennai and they have booked interview for feb 21. it is too late for me. Agent says they start teh visa process now and on 21 feb consulate will take biometrics from my wife.

But i think from 21 feb german consulate starts processing visa, can you guys please clarify this to me. if they start processing from 21st feb, is ther any way i can prepone the appointment? 

Kindly please let meknow

Thanks,
Kiran
0 (0 Votes)

RE: German family reunion visa
Answer
1/17/13 4:36 PM as a reply to kiran ramisetty.
Your wife's visa will be processed only when she submits her fringerprints on Feb 21st. There is no way you can prepone this. I got an appointment after 1 month of submitting my documents to VFS. They are  fixing 5 appointments every day for long term visa. Bangalore consulate you can get it in a week's time. But you cannot apply in Bangalore consulate if you are resident in TN.

Your marriage certificate also needs to be verified. So you will need to factor in some extra time for this before your wife is issued.

Good luck with your visa.
+1 (1 Vote)

Answer
1/17/13 4:46 PM as a reply to Wim Hannover.
Thanks cebit. but how long it will take after the interview?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/17/13 5:08 PM as a reply to kiran ramisetty.
If there is NO marriage certificate verification and German language - A1 requirement, it would take less than 4 weeks.

Has your marriage certificate been verified?
What abt your wife's A1 certiificate?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/17/13 5:33 PM as a reply to Wim Hannover.
cebit:
If there is NO marriage certificate verification and German language - A1 requirement, it would take less than 4 weeks.

Thanks again for response. Marriage certificate is not verified and she has done her masters and got to know that A1 is not mandatory.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/19/13 6:30 AM as a reply to kiran ramisetty.
To avoid any last minute surprises it is better to be A1 certified.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/12/13 4:16 PM as a reply to kiran ramisetty.
you can go to the vfs office and ask for any available earlier appointments. if there had been any cancellation of appointments and if it is free, they will prepone it to the earlier date. i did like this and had got 15 days in advance
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/16/14 9:36 AM as a reply to Wim Hannover.
habibdenver:
cebit:

Hello Cebit, 

what do you mean by Marriage certificate varification. Who will varify it, and how long it takes? 
Your marriage certificate is from NL and it will not be verified. Regardless, since you are from Desh, they  MIGHT ask for some more documents from Desh such as that you were single in Bangalesh and not were not married before. Since civil records are not properly maintained in Indian subcontinent.

I am from Bangladesh, married to a german citizen, currently I am living in Netherlands for study purpose. I applied for Family reunion Visa about 6 weeks ago at german embassy in Amsterdam. we got married in Netherlands, and have marriage certificate from NL. I got my A1 diploma scored 86%. 

question is why it is taking too long for to get a reply from Embassy? 

Ur application was sent to Germany. Your application is little complex since you are applying from Netherlands and you are from Desh. They are probably discussing what other documents they need from Desh... 3 months is the time limit they have to come back to you.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/17/14 8:44 AM as a reply to Wim Hannover.
habibdenver:
'Hello Cebit,

sorry I have't seen your reply earlier. Thank you for you information. 
But however, when I got married in NL they varified every information if I was single or not. After we got married my wife thought she should register it in her city hall in Germany. we thought everything is just easy and simple just need few days to register. then we focused on prepare the papers we need for my visa application. 

About 10-15 years, they looked at the marriage certificate and the visa was issued immediately. You are facing the music now, because of fraudulent certificates.

just 3 days prior I applied for VISA, city hall replied they need my Single statement from my country in order to register this marriage in Germany. But then I am alrady married, how do I get a single certificate while I am married already? 

I went to city hall in Netherlands where I live and and where I got married, I explained them the situation, according to them Germany shouldnt ask any further documents from me while I have a marriage certificate from Netherlands. Afterwards, I contact with ministry of foreign affairs in Netherlands, according to them as well, Germany should be able to register our marriage in Germany without asking any further documents. 

3 days later, I applied for VISA in german embassy Amsterdam, and while applying they didnt ask me any questions in german Embassy, it was more like I am asking more questions than The gentleman from Embassy was asking me. I tried to get answer clear of questions I had by asking details. so therefore I asked about marriage registration also, they replied it is not even necessary. they said they have all papers they need. 

BUT, from germany city hall they are saying without registering this marriage they wont approve my application for VISA. Afterwards, I contacted with Embassy if they can help with it. And I contacted netherlands city hall again. NL city hall sent me some documents (which is called PRE-marriage- as how they documented we both were single before we got married, which they varifired with IND) Then German embassy asked me to send those documents (what NL city hall sent me) to German City hall where My wife is living. After that, we are waiting more than 5 weeks, they didnt even reply if the documents are sufficient and if they need something else. 

My wife called them, they are like we still didnt have time to open your email and didnt have time to look at files you attached. 

Ask your wife to resend the documents as hard copy with a covering letter explaining that single status has already been enquired by the Dutch muncipality and Immigration department. Bureaucrats are comfortable with paper than with emails. Ask your wife to meet the case worker personally and explain the case. I am confident this will work. They would get convinced that no more documents are required.

Your wife should enquire with them every week by email or phone.

I tried to write everything, then you know whole situation. Do you think my VISA processing is waiting for this registration? I am totally confused and tired with all this things. While NL processing of any papers are much more clear and updated and ofcourse FAST! 

If you speak to them and convince them that they do not need any further information, it will be fine. Marriage registration happens when they finally approve your application for residence permit and then visa will be issued.
EU bureaucracy is the same. If you were to exchnage the countries and apply for Dutch spouse visa, you will run pillar to post as well.

Thanks for taking time to read my long text ! 

regards, 
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18