Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Help needed!

Need advice re working (starting subsidiary/branch office) in Germany

Happy new year to everyone, good luck and all the best!

I am here because i need you advice and opinions. 
I am PMP certified IT Project Manager with 4 years exp. as PM and 4 years prior to that in various managerial roles. I plan to get CISA in june.
I want to live and work in Germany (or Switzerland). I am Croatian citizen - despite the fact it will soon be EU member, i still require visa, work permits etc.
My quest for job (over the internet) so far didnt provide me with any result. Most of rejections (aside from those automatical) explained that since i am non-eu they wont consider me for the job, that i have to live in germany or know german excellently (i am working on raising german skills to B1-B2).
That doesnt discourage me but i am rather surprised and confused with this (getting blue card is impossible without job and if you get it for one country its only valid in that country.)

Anyway, my question covers different but connected matter. I was offered trough a contact of mine, help with establishing company in Slovenia, completely legaly. I would be able to obtain all permits to live and work there. In all honesty i dont want to live nor work there (unless i have to).
1. If i form a company in Slovenia, get work and residence permit, etc.. Can i then get job in Germany? How likely that is to happen? Are German companies more likely to hire me as company or as individual person? My wish would be to work as project manager or consultant, but i would work in any position which is interesting.

I was also advised to consider, after establishing that company in Slovenia, to create subsidiary or branch office in Germany (or switzerland). That sounds interesting BUT i have certain doubts and dilemmas...
1. Is that even possible? How much would it cost me to do so? I heard there are mini-GMBH company formations which are quite cheap but im uncertain if that is even applicable... 
2. If i am actually able to start such branch/subsidiary and work in germany.. Can i work in that subsidiary/branch? Do i automatically get work/residence permits in that case?
can i hire my non-eu friend (also IT engineer) by applying for German EU Blue Card? 

I would like to hear your opinions and suggestions. 
Would it be better to try to start company in Germany directly? Would that be more costly? Is it complicated...

Thank you all very much for your assistance.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott