Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Integration

Passport and VISA Urgent!

Toggle
Passport and VISA Urgent!
Answer
8/11/06 8:53 PM
Dear friends
I got a new passport today. The aufenhalterlaubnis is on the old passport.My question is how long does the auslanderbehorde takes to transfer the aufenthaltserlaubnis/aufenhaltstitel on to the new passport?!!! I already applied for a british business visa last week and mentioned by old passport number there.
Now i am in a dilemma, because the Consultate as cancelled the old passport once it issues a new passport. I think i need to transfer the aufenthaltserlaubnis on the new passport now, and then reapply for the british business visa or can i get a british visa without transferring the aufehaltserlaubis from the old passport to the new passport.
I will appreciate your prompt replies.
Thanks and regards
GnR
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Passport and VISA Urgent!
Answer
8/11/06 10:11 PM as a reply to GnR GnR.
Friends,
Also can you let me know the implications of a new passport for an Indian GC?
Do i have to notify the fuhrerscheinamt to change the information in their system? or anything else with Banks etc?
I would appreciate your prompt answer.
Thanks and regards
GnR
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/12/06 2:37 AM as a reply to GnR GnR.
Transfering the residence permit should only take 10 minutes, just go, pay and wait until they print the new sticker. You don't have to change anything in your bank account or anywhere else.

For your british visa, call and ask them, if you can't talk to anyone, if you apply by mail, send both passports with a note explaining the situation, if you applied by person, take them with you.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/12/06 4:59 AM as a reply to GnR GnR.
Hi Alvarez
thanks for the info. Can you also let me know how much it would cost for transferring the resident permit to the new passport?
thanking in advance
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/12/06 3:12 PM as a reply to GnR GnR.
Hi,

for a GCer its not a big fee.
As Aalvarez said its 10 mints. 20 - 25 Euros.

Have a lot of fun .....
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/14/06 2:52 PM as a reply to GnR GnR.
Hello,

I also went through the same process and ABH took only 10 minutes and I have paid 25 Euros.

For British Visa, you have to send the British Consulate (in your region) your old passport, your new passport, a filled form (for non-immigrant visa which can be dowloaded from internet)and a self addressed and stamped envelope (preferably einschrieben). They will put a new visa in your new passport and will cancel the old one. No fees for that and you will get both your passports within 1 week. I got this done in my case also.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/16/06 5:32 PM as a reply to GnR GnR.
I got the aufenthantstitel transferred to the new passport. Nowadays they are issuing it with photo. As i mentioned earlier i am a GC since 4 years and 6 months. So the new aufenthalstitel of the new passport is valid till March 07.
They have printed the following on the sticker

Art des titels: Aufenthaltserlaubnis
Anmerkungen:§ 18(4) S.1 AufenthG/Beschäftigung erlaubt.

I just wanted to inform you.Any comments or feedbacks are welcome.
GnR
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/16/06 7:36 PM as a reply to GnR GnR.
I have same thing valid till same date.
Means you can work anything anywhere.
After 5 years you can (with luck) get NE.
I am 6 years in DE and still not NE. emoticon
Thats my comment.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3