Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Meeting the World!

SALARY NEGOTIATION IN BLUE CARD

Toggle
SALARY NEGOTIATION IN BLUE CARD
Answer
12/12/12 9:21 AM
Hi Everyone,

I am Sandeep from India. I am having 10 years of experience in IT Industry.
I have worked on Banking and Aerospace domain in C/C++ technology under various platforms.

I am currently working for a very famous bank in Germany and have been working with then from past 6 yrs.

I have been to Germany multiple times and right now planning to apply for EU BLUE card.

Currently I am having an offer of 45k per annum with a German firm but I am not able to judge with
my years of experience if this offer is correctly placed.

Please advise as to go with the offer or to try with a better opportunities

Thanks
Sandeep
0 (0 Votes)

RE: SALARY NEGOTIATION IN BLUE CARD
Answer
12/14/12 5:18 PM as a reply to Sandeep G.
I know recent IT grads (masters degree in IT) who've received offers of around 45k. For someone with 10 years experience 45k is relatively low. On the other hand, many German firms only seem to be interested in hiring the cheapest workers they can find. Whether or not you can negotiate a higher salary depends on many factors such as the uniqueness of your qualifications, how much the company wants you, and how many other candidates they have, etc.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/17/12 10:27 PM as a reply to Arianne.
Hello there,

for you experience, I would not negociate less than 60 k German country wise. If you would be in Bayern, I would top it to 65k.

German compagnies tend to hire cheap labors when it comes to the folks like you who just enter the country. Of course you can negociate more, don't give up, 45k is a decent salary but for 2 years exp guy not with your background.

Regards
Anis 
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/17/12 5:28 PM as a reply to Sandeep G.
With 45k

Your Take home will be €2250 which is as of todays date INR 1,57,000
If you live in some big city the rent will be above €800 so you are left with INR 1,00,000

Now other expenses like Travel,Food and GEZ from 2013 which is mandatory €18 monthly every household
Cost of 1kg Tomato is here above €3 which is INR 210

If you honestly have 10yrs experience in IT what you have mentioned then in India you would be earning minimum INR 2,00,000 p.m which is €2800 more than what you going to earn here and you can save more.

Now think think think
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/18/12 10:44 AM as a reply to Rajesh Prasad.
Hi Everyone,

I want to thank everyone for the feedback given.

Even I had a second thought in accepting this offer because it was not making any sense and your response have made it firm.

I will look forward for better opportunities

Thanks
Sandeep
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/18/12 10:50 AM as a reply to Rajesh Prasad.
Hi,

unfortunately Rajesh is right! There are a lot of taxes and social security payments in Germany. For taxes it is better to be married ;-

Here you can calculate your income...

http://www.parmentier.de/steuer/steuer.htm?wagetax.htm

T
his will help to decide if you accept an offer or not. One thing gets more and more important. Ask your prospective employer if he is willing to help you with the search for an apartment. It gets harder and harder to find a good place to live for a reasonable rent! Especially in Munich it is very difficulty!

On the other hand, Germany has a lot to offer. Read what our poet v.a.k. has to say in our Blog section emoticon

Detlef
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/18/12 10:02 PM as a reply to trust7.
Hi Sandeep,

Experts have said it right ! But,

Germany is a lovely place to live and if money is not the only criterion/motivation like many of us, then you should go ahead and accept your First Job !

Good Luck,
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/24/12 11:36 AM as a reply to Sandeep G.
Hey,

Yes German companies, especially the IT ones, try to get recent grads for a cheaper salary. If they are from other countries they also do the same.

You should definitely ask for a bigger salary if you're skilled in that field. You should get decent pay.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott