Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

FAQ and important Links!

Question about GC

Toggle
Question about GC
Answer
12/12/05 2:15 PM
Dear Experts,

I came to germany in 2004 with GC (IT) but after 6 month i decided to go back to my country and I worked there about 1 year. 1 month ago again I came to Germany for work, my new company applied to arbeisamt to change my GC, after 3 weeks arbeimsamt asked for my university diploma and still waiting for news from arbeisamt. ( I was not in Germany and I did not pay TAX but I did not unregister myself)

Do you know why I waited for 3 weeks and why they asked for my diploma? Becuase in the past they did not ask such a kind of document.

Regards,
Nycc76.
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Question about GC
Answer
12/12/05 2:35 PM as a reply to nyc seventysix.
As you said, it was in the past and things have changed now.

They took 3 weeks to check your papers, and you application and I think that's quite ok, other people waited more than that.

Normally a job has to go with your qualification and you just have now to prove you got the qualifications to do the job, that's as simple as that.

D.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/12/05 3:19 PM as a reply to nyc seventysix.
Thanks for your reply NoBody.

I would like to ask one more question;

I have enough experience for my position in the company and getting more than 60K salary but I dont have BS degree, can it be problem according to new rules?

Regards,
Nycc76.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/12/05 3:52 PM as a reply to nyc seventysix.
There are no rules regarding salaries level anymore, except to get a §19-NE.

D.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/12/05 4:29 PM as a reply to nyc seventysix.
"There are no rules regarding salaries level anymore, except to get a §19-NE."

Well, officially no.. but arbeitsamt still expects that a foreigner gets "at least" an "usual" market salary.(marktübliches Gehalt) so that he will not be cheap labour competing with the local labour force.

I have a friend who was rejected to be issued a workpermit by arbeitsamt because of the low salary he was offered. (Happened after 1.1.2005 and salary was under 40K, position was in IT and he was fresh graduate. )

Regards,

Lacrima
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/12/05 4:34 PM as a reply to nyc seventysix.
"I have enough experience for my position in the company and getting more than 60K salary but I dont have BS degree, can it be problem according to new rules"

Having an university degree could ease the things a bit but without a degree, it still shoud not be a big issue, provided that company wants to employ you and shows that you are the right person for the position because of x or y.

Regards,

Lacrima
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/15/05 6:03 PM as a reply to nyc seventysix.
Hello Again,

Yesterday, Arbeisamt told me that all documents are ok and I have to wait 3-4 weeks more. Do you know what is the meaning of "All documents are ok" ?

Regards,
Nyyc76
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/14/06 1:05 PM as a reply to nyc seventysix.
Dear Experts,

Thanks for your previous answers. Finally I get my new residence and work permit. Before I had GC and I think I was not dependent to my old company (there was no company name on the stamp) but now my company name is on the stamp. They gave me 1 year permit. Before I had 5 years GC. Do you know why they did like this? Is it related to new law?

Regards,
Nycc76
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/14/06 2:35 PM as a reply to nyc seventysix.
Hi,

I feel this 1 year is common after 1.1.2005. When you make an application, the employer has to decide how long he wants to hire you.

I have freinds who have 1.5 year work permits
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18