Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Blue card and spouse's visa

Toggle
Blue card and spouse's visa
Answer
12/3/12 2:48 PM
Dear Friends,

I have two quick queries :

1. Currently I hold a residence permit till May 2014. I am a freelancer. My income leves do satisfy Blue card requirements. BUT I am not paying social security every month. KVR told me its not mandatory for freelancers to contribute to social security or pension fund.
My question is : CAN I avail a blue card without enrolling for social security?

2. I am getting married in May 2013. Thats the reason why I am thinking of Blue card. It will avoid hassle for my future wife in getting the VISa like waiver for German language certificate. 
My next question is : Can the process of VISA application for my wife begin only after we get married and have a marriage certificate or can she approach the embassy some weeks in advance and apply for VISA before hand so that not much waiting time is required after marriage and she can fly to Germany as fast as possible after marriage.
0 (0 Votes)

RE: Blue card and spouse's visa
Answer
12/3/12 4:07 PM as a reply to TEJAS SHETH.
Only employees earning over the threshold qualify for a Blue Card; freelancers are not eligible.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott