Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Help needed!

German Visa extension issues after PhD

Toggle
German Visa extension issues after PhD
Answer
12/2/12 12:29 AM

Dear friends,

I have finished my PhD two months back only. I am living in Germany since Sept 2008.
 I was issued a working visa i.e.18, since I am here for my PhD. As, I was not aware about the rules and regulations before, it is making troubles for me to get the visa extension for 1 year or 18 months as per as new rule to look for a job.
I was told that I will get only 6 months of extension to look for my Job and issued a
Fiktionsbescheinigung (Temporary visa) for that. But, in my opinion, I should get an extension for 18 months according to the new law. I have an impression that the persons sitting in the visa office has a different opinions regarding this.

I have no clue about what to do and whom to ask about the real honest information. I am feeling very helpless and confused these days.
Please help me.

0 (0 Votes)

RE: German Visa extension issues after PhD
Answer
12/2/12 4:33 PM as a reply to Gautam Shandilya.
Hi Gautam,

since you had No.18 Visa and not the student visa No.16, I presume your case worker is right.
In your case I will concentrate my energy on looking for a job. What was the topic of your PhD? may be i can recommend you something!

Good luck!
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18