Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Visa and Tax related doubt!

Visa and Tax related doubt!
Antwort
13.05.09 13:04
Hallo,

I recently got the NE visa.

Now, I have been offered a job in one of the neighbouring countries of Germany. I'm sure I would loose my NE if I go out of Germany. Hence, I need help to know:
1. Is it possible that I stay in Germany(border) and commute to my office in the neighbouring country?
2. If yes, how does the tax and social security thing work?

Would appreciate, if someone can provide detailed help or links on this.

Thanks in advance.
0 (0 Stimmen)

Re: Visa and Tax related doubt!
Antwort
13.05.09 14:27 als Antwort auf Roopashri Rajasekhar.
1) staying is possible and commuting to your office in Schengen is allowed. Working is possible if you comply with the labour laws of that country.

2) Does that country have double taxation and social security agreement with Germany?
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
13.05.09 18:59 als Antwort auf Roopashri Rajasekhar.
Yes, the country has Double taxation agreement signed and as far as I know, there are lots of German citizens doing this. And it is indeed a legal process.
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
14.05.09 01:49 als Antwort auf Roopashri Rajasekhar.
You can claim Daueraufenthalt-EG, unless of course its Switzerland, Denmark, UK or Ireland.

Is it Switzerland? There are special rules in this case.
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
14.05.09 12:08 als Antwort auf Roopashri Rajasekhar.
Unfortunately, I'm still not eligible for DE-G. However, this is in Luxembourg and I've heard of many people working in Luxembourg but staying in German border.
The company is ready to get me a work-permit. But I wanted to make sure, if I can continue my stay in Germany.
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
17.08.10 05:02 als Antwort auf Roopashri Rajasekhar.
@nomad13

I would like to know if you were sucessfully able to work in Luxembourg and live in Germany? and if yes then can you please pass on some tips??

Thanks in advance.

Cheers!!!!
0 (0 Stimmen)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Sterne: 39
Datum: 09.03.19
VAK
Sterne: 124
Datum: 25.02.18
trust 7
Sterne: 3