Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Help needed!

Job search Visa - Queries .. Please help..

Toggle
Hello,

I am just another confused soul, intend to work in germany.. I have no job sponsors yet and I am banking on Job search Visa to come and look for jobs in germany..
I have 8+ yrs of Experience on Embedded software development, currently working as Sr. Project Manager (technical).
Here are my queries emoticon..

1. What address to write on Visa application #Q15 - Address in germany.. (if i dont get a sponsor).. and i plan to apply asap not wait..
I understand it takes 6 months(max) to get this Visa.

2. My wife is workaholic  too and currently works in SAP india as prinicipal Software engineer(Java) - she too wants to work.. ideally ..
I plan to reach germany first, get a job and then ask her to join.. will she be able work incase she gets a employer.. or does she have to wait 1 yr.

if wait ...
Should we get her a Job search visa in parallel. ???

3. Places to stay.. IT company density ?? Openess to foreigners(esp.. Asian/Indians).. Crime rate etc..
I am thinking Munich.. I dont know .. I like the name emoticon.. please help..

4. Do I need a German CV,.. German translated Academic transcripts, German refrence letters.. etc.. for Visa and Employement ??

responses on these will be higly appreciated..

Thanks
Shaik
0 (0 Votes)

RE: Job search Visa - Queries .. Please help..
Answer
11/27/12 4:27 AM as a reply to Shaik Jalal.
Shaik

You will have to book service appartment in advance for 6 months duration. This German address you will have to enter.

You can apply together.

Munich, Stuttgart, Koln, Frankfurt - they are safe, friendly and no problem
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
11/27/12 10:44 AM as a reply to Wim Hannover.
Cebit,

Renting an aprt in munich or so is fine, I am thinking we need to pay 6 month advance, and if you plan to shift you get this amount back apart from deduction if any.. What if I rent it the aprt and use it visa application.,. but then later i get a job some other place in germany and not in the rented aprt city..
How do you think this will be handled.

secondly : I know there must be lot of threads on getting spouse visa.. but apart from applying for a job search visa in parallel is there any alternate options..
thing is.. you need show sustenance (funds) for this visa.. I am not sure how much is required to show in bank account for two people.

Any ideas..
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
11/27/12 12:05 PM as a reply to Shaik Jalal.
Hi,

when you apply for a job search visa for 6 month you will realize that most of the Embassy/Consulate officers pretend not to know about it. So it is better to print out the paragraph of the law and present it together with your application.

RESIDENCE ACT
Section 18c: Title of stay for the search of work for qualified skilled workers
(1) A foreigner, who owns a German or accepted university degree or a foreign university degree that is similar to a German one and who can earn the money for living, can get a title of stay for up to six month to use this time for the search of a job that suits his/her degree. The title of stay does not allow the foreigner to work.(2) A stretch of the title of stay of the already mentioned maximum time, paragraph 1, cannot be given. A title of stay after paragraph 1 can be permitted again if the foreigner stayed in a foreign country as long as he/she did stay, related to the title of stay after paragraph one, in the republic.(3) Paragraph 1 does not relate to foreigners who stayed in the republic concerning to another reason.

in German..

AUFENTHALTSGESETZ (AUFENTHG)
§ 18c Aufenthaltstitel zur Arbeitsplatzsuche für qualifizierte Fachkräfte
(1) Einem Ausländer, der über einen deutschen oder anerkannten oder einem deutschen Hochschulabschluss vergleichbaren ausländischen Hochschulabschluss verfügt und dessen Lebensunterhalt gesichert ist, kann ein Aufenthaltstitel zur Suche nach einem der Qualifikation angemessenen Arbeitsplatz für bis zu sechs Monate erteilt werden. Der Aufenthaltstitel berechtigt nicht zur Erwerbstätigkeit.(2) Eine Verlängerung des Aufenthaltstitels über den in Absatz 1 genannten Höchstzeitraum hinaus ist ausgeschlossen. Ein Aufenthaltstitel nach Absatz 1 kann erneut nur erteilt werden, wenn sich der Ausländer nach seiner Ausreise mindestens so lange imAusland aufgehalten hat, wie er sich zuvor auf der Grundlage eines Aufenthaltstitels nach Absatz 1 im Bundesgebiet aufgehalten hat.(3) Absatz 1 findet keine Anwendung auf Ausländer, die sich mit einem Aufenthaltstitel zu einem anderen Zweck im Bundesgebiet aufhalten.

So you have to prove that your degree will  be accepted in Germany. If it is like this you can check here:

www.anerkennung-in-deutschland.de/

If they ask you for an address you can give the address of a cheap hotel for the beginning and explain, that you will search for an apartment when you arrived in Germany.

But where to go? If you have some friends who are already living in Germany, you should try to find an apartment close to them. You can not search for 24 hours a day, so you will have spare time and you will feel better if you have somebody who you can meet.

Though you do not have an offer when you apply for the job search visa it does not matter where you go first, but you should not book a hotel or an apartment for a longer period in advance.

The phone and internet and also the transport facilities in Germany are on a high standard, so you can reach any part of the country from any point easily. So why should you go to an area where the living cost are very high, like in Munich? Or where it is very difficult to find a cheap apartment like in Berlin? You can search and ask about the different parts of Germany, the living costs, the number of fellow country men or other important points via the internet.

Maybe some of our members can give some tips here?

My time is limited so I can not tell you more at the moment, but there is one very important tip!!!

Use the time you have to wait for the visa to learn German!!!!!

Good luck

Detlef 
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
11/27/12 12:53 PM as a reply to trust7.
Thanks Detlef,

That was very helpful, I have already started my german classes.
Once last help, Please advise me on how wife too can work,  Should I wait for me to get a job in germany, invite her, may be she can look for a job and then if she gets it, convert her dependent visa to work permit, or would she have to leave the country apply for blue card with the job offer she got and come back to germany ??
very confused.. My wife will kill me if she needs to stay idle in germany emoticon....
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
11/27/12 2:05 PM as a reply to Shaik Jalal.
If you get a job under the Blue Card rule, your wife can apply for a dependent visa and she can work too, from the beginning and do not have to attend a German language course. (Please do not ask me how long this will take, I do not know it!)

If she gets a job before you it is the other way round and you can apply for a dependent visa.

So let us see who will be first ;-

Good luck
Detlef
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7