Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Help needed!

Child registration help needed!!! VPMK Lawyer?

Toggle
Hello

Can anyone provide some help/info about Child registration Process? I want to register my son on my passport so that I can travel to my country.
I went today to Standesamt in my town for Birth Certificate of my Child. They told me that they need to verify my Marriage Certificate first from my country. And it takes 3-4 month in normal condition. He issued me a preliminary paper about child birth for medical insurance.
Person in ABH was not in very good mood emoticon.

Some ppl told me that they got registration of child without marriage certificate verification.

At the moment I have one letter from Standesamt and one paper from hospital about that child is born with name of mother.

My embassy needs Birth Certificate for Child Registration on Passport. I already had a plan to leave Germany and new job will be started in January next year.

Urgent help is needed.

Can any VPMK Lawyer help in regard ?

///
Tali
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Child registration help needed!!! VPMK Lawyer?
Answer
10/14/05 8:47 PM as a reply to dfht sdg.
why dont you registeror add the name of the child in the mothers passport.I gues you and your wife will be livin together so its not a hassle
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/14/05 8:54 PM as a reply to dfht sdg.
Hi

My embassy needs Birth Certificate to regester child on my or my wife's passport .....

its so stress even leaving out the Germany . I dont understand this thing about german govt. They issed visa to my wife as because we were married and also tax office accept my marriage. But this Standesamt dont accept it and they want to verify it . I am just thinking what if I didnt have valid visa , could they still ask me to stay 5-6 month so that they verify my marriage certificate from my home counrty and then issue birth certificate !!!!

very down emoticon
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/14/05 10:31 PM as a reply to dfht sdg.
Dear Tali,

This is why I always address, how difficult it will be to go through the tiring bureaucratic process in ABH or any other "amt" in Germany and even the local people find it frustrating.

Let me help you out by giving you some tips,

1) It is not possible to obtain B.C. (with both parents listed on B.C.) without providing marriage certificate, if you want one then, only mother's name will be included in the B.C. therfore your daughter will be your step-daughter in this case and if your wife is from the same country then she can apply your child's passport.

2) Sometimes it works out in some Embassies with the temporary Birth cert. paper received from Standesamt, check with your Embassy on this matter.

3) I am not sure a right laywer can help you in this case because the "beamter" is probably following the fkg rules but may be there are some loop holes in the law, which can prevent you waiting for months to get D.O.B. certificate for your child. Try with VPMK laywers because they are honest and charge you less.

Just my few cents.

good luck!
babloo
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/14/05 11:56 PM as a reply to dfht sdg.
@tali
well u dnt need to make a new passport for the child as you have to move very soon.later on when you settle you can go to the new country for making the child's passport.Right now your wife can simply include the name of the child in her passport .. and this can be done very easily .Once you get into the circle of marriage certficate authentication ..etc etc it will take time.
So smartly walk in and ask the name inclusion .. since ur child is a minor ..your wife will be given the rights as a mother and as a guardian.
hope this simple thing helps
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/15/05 4:00 AM as a reply to dfht sdg.
Sorry Tali, but I fail to understand the problem here. I mean, when I moved to Germany almost five years ago, I brought legalised translasions of all important documents I could think of, and that was not too much or too expensive to get in my home country (Diplomas, Birth Certificates for everybody, Mariage Certificate - that's it). Up to now I thought doing that was basic common sense... Needless to say, I didn't have any problems whatsoever getting a German Birth Certificate for my newborn two years ago. Now, I may have forgotten the details (had other things on my mind back then), but I cannot remember anything about presenting a marriage certificate to the Standesamt. They never ever wanted to see my Diploma, even though it was the only ground for my getting a Green Card... go figure. Maybe you had bad luck with the Standesamt...

Cheers,
Flado
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/15/05 10:49 PM as a reply to dfht sdg.
Thanks Guys. That’s what is also in my mind. I will go to my counties consulate and try to convince, so that they add my child name in my wife's passport.
Hopefully they agree.

@flado
I also have the German Translation of my marriage Certificate. when I went for child registration , guy over there asked me marriage certificate and I gave him, i gave him German and English translation ( True Copy translation and attested by NOTAR) but he told me he had to legalized my Marriage certificate and will send to my home country. I asked him why he needs this. My wife got VISA on basis of this , also ABH register her , financeamt also accept it. He told me he don’t care and he will do this. Also gave me print out from German embassy from my home country which declare that any govt office can ask for any legalization from home country embassy. There was a "can" not "should".

So this gives him the right to do so. Other ppl i know from my city one person didn’t need this for registration of his first child but for the second one they need this.

So rules in these offices are based on personal feeling of guy who is handling your case. They have absolute power to play with you.

I told him I am leaving Germany in three month and also I need to go urgent to my home country due to a catastrophe and some relatives are affected and they need my help. But this he said he cannot do any thing. I told him it will take forever for German embassy in my country to verify this , as in normal days it takes 3-4 month.

I will say everyone is lucky with whom they didn’t ask for this legalization , as this is just one stupid process. As wife is already getting visa on basis of this certificate. One is getting tax saving on basis of same certificate.
So good luck.

I just wish I manage to get out of this mess, and leave this country with good mood.

What do they do with ppl who don’t have proper visa? Can they ask them to stay in Germany unless this legalization process done and then they ask them to leave. I wonder ... I think no!! . They just through parent and child out ... in my case I m one of the tax paying machine.

Thanks guys for support.

Some time one only need to hear some encourage word in cold and stone environment.

///
Tali
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/16/05 9:08 PM as a reply to dfht sdg.
Hi Tali,

am sorry about what youre going through. I also went through this about two years ago and I was asking myself the same questions like you.
However, I accepted what the Standesamt wanted and I decided to find ways of how to make the process faster.
First, I sent an email, to the Germany Embassy in my country in which I questioned the essence of Legalizing my Marriage certificate again since the same process had been done before giving my wife a Visa. I copied the eamil to the Standesamt. I asked the Germany Embassy to contact the Standesamt to inform them about the legalization they had done before.

After some days, I called the standesamt to find out whether the Embassy had contacted them, (by then they had not contacted them)

I then called the Embassy and they told me they will talk to the Standesamt

After a few days,the Standesamt contacted me and told me the Embassy had said that they need to look at my Original certificate again and they asked me to pay a fee for the Legalization process. However they told me this would not take long if the Original is the same as the copies they have in their records.

After paying the fee (cant remember how much but it was below 80 Euro) They sent the Original and the approval was given.

The Whole process too around 1 Month.

So pse try to find out how you can make the process faser in case you have no other alternative,

Good Luck
0 (0 Votes)

Child registration help needed!!! VPMK Lawyer?
Answer
10/25/05 1:48 PM as a reply to dfht sdg.
@ALL

Thanks for support. I wrote German Embassy in my country an email and asked them to help. They replied me that they cannot help and I have to convince Standesamt my self.

But nice thing , I went to my country's consulate and requested to register child on mother's passport. They have done it.

Now the next step , I want to apply residence permit for child , as my intention to leave Germany is end of this. So I was wondering what is the status of child. Also Can I leave Germany with child with out registration of child.

Can some one share experience regarding this process ?

I think , some VPMK Laywer can help. How to
contact them ?

Thanks alot

Tali
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/25/05 1:55 PM as a reply to dfht sdg.
I think , some VPMK Laywer can help. How to contact them ?, www.vpmk.de

D.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3