Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Integration

Marriage Status Registration in Stadt

Marriage Status Registration in Stadt
Answer
11/17/12 4:17 PM
Hi,
I currently live in Germany with my wife. She is here as my dependent. We have a marriage certificate from India. I started working here and I want to get Tax class III. For that I need to register my marriage status in Stadt. I contact the Stadt and they told they need a certified translation of my marriage certificate. I currently live in Dortmund can any body suggest me some certified translators in dortmund. 

My wife is already in dependent visa here and I have submitted our marriage certificate already in Chennai German consulate at the time of visa application. still I am not sure why our married status is registered as not known in the stadt. If any one has already come across such situation please provide some guidance.

Thanks in advance.
0 (0 Votes)

RE: Marriage Status Registration in Stadt
Answer
11/17/12 7:28 PM as a reply to venkatesh umaashankar.
Hi,

Sorry to get into this thread.

We have also submitted visa for my family in Chennai, I would like to ask you the below.

1) How long it took for you to get the visa for your wife.
2) Do they do the marriage verification.
3) Do they ask for German Langauge certificate, my wife has Bachlor in Information Technology with 9 Years of Experience.

Thanks
Gopi
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
11/19/12 2:47 PM as a reply to venkatesh umaashankar.
In our case we submitted marriage certificate in Englisht that was attested by German embassy in Delhi and had a small sticker on it that confirmed the same. But after shifting to some other city I was asked for the translation by ABH while filing citizenship application. In my opinion it depends on the person to who you have filed/submitted application. Unfortunately it is so and if they ask there is no other way. All you can do is just tell the concerned person about the stamp/sticker from German embassy.

You can get it translated from http://www.engin.de/ It is in Mannheim. They are approved. You can send them a scanned copy and I think they will send you by post (call them directly to ask). Mine costed me € 20 + MwSt. Mindestauftrag € 40, so I got DOB translated too.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
11/20/12 10:58 AM as a reply to venkatesh umaashankar.
bluebunny:
Hi,
I currently live in Germany with my wife. She is here as my dependent. We have a marriage certificate from India. I started working here and I want to get Tax class III. For that I need to register my marriage status in Stadt. I contact the Stadt and they told they need a certified translation of my marriage certificate. I currently live in Dortmund can any body suggest me some certified translators in dortmund. 

My wife is already in dependent visa here and I have submitted our marriage certificate already in Chennai German consulate at the time of visa application. still I am not sure why our married status is registered as not known in the stadt. If any one has already come across such situation please provide some guidance.

Thanks in advance.
@tonygill is right. It seems to be quite arbitrary. In my case i had to get my marriage certificate translated too and submit it to the city council. It does not matter what you submit in India. They somehow seem to need another copy everytime emoticon. Strange but true. All the best
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott