Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Toggle
Renting a Car
Answer
9/7/06 5:44 AM
I am planning to rent a car in order to attend a job interview. But I don't know how does it work concerning reimburssement for this from company's side.

1. Do the companies pay for the complete rental cost?

2. How do they take into account for kilometers?
a. Kilometers (my place to the interview location n back)?
b. certain amount/km?

My interview will be on Friday & I'm planning to rent the car for whole weekend, in order to visit some other places nearby. Is it normally ok with the companies, based on your experiences?

Many thanks in advance!
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Renting a Car
Answer
9/7/06 10:21 AM as a reply to Vicky B.
most of the time they pay 30 cent per kilometer, but don't tell that use rented car in weekends that may leads to bad impression in the interview. Almost many companies should have experienced the same case many times, so think...
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Renting a Car
Answer
9/10/06 12:06 AM as a reply to Vicky B.
@ Vicky,

Normally all companies pay for the travel on the basis of 0,3€ to 0,4€ per km travelled (to and fro).
So for example you travel from Stuttgart to Frankfurt which is around 400 Kms two ways, the maximum you could get payed is 400*0,4= 160 €, which might cover a portion of your car rent.

If you are renting a normal car, for g. a VW Golf 2.0 ltr TDI for 100€ per weekend. You have an average consumption of 6,3l/100Km,which means around 25lts * 1,12€ = 28€´for the fuel. So you still have around 28lts of the fuel for the remaining 32€ which could drive you around another 450kms.

So you could get paid for almost your whole weekend program. But never submit the car rental bill. Just ask them for their terms and conditions and act accordingly.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott