Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Help needed!

Help regarding Tax Return 2009

Toggle
Help regarding Tax Return 2009
Answer
11/17/10 5:34 PM
Hi all,

I need some help regarding Tax return.

Here is my situation:
- I got married in December 2009. (Tax Class I)
- My wife came here in May on Family Reunion Visa. Then I changed my Tax Class to III.
- I filed for Tax Return for 2009 about 2 months ago.
- As per my knowledge, I should receive the Tax difference Money (Tax Class III - Tax Class I) for the whole 2009.
- But this week I received statement from Finanzamt. They have given Tax difference money only for December 2009 as I got married in December 2009.

Does anyone has similar kind of experience?
Or does anyone know the exact law(Gesetz) defining this situation?

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Thank you,
may
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Help regarding Tax Return 2009
Answer
11/17/10 5:51 PM as a reply to max leo.
my dear friend, you are dreaming. No country will allow you that. Even if you get a computer and claim it as a expense, you will get pro rated expense deduction.
what the tax authorities gave is right and my opinion is no tax lawyer will be able to change it

-S
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
11/17/10 6:18 PM as a reply to max leo.
@maxl28

Entire year is considered only if your spouse is registered in germany. I do not know how they gave tax difference for Dec 2009.

You can claim the tax difference from jan 2010 to april 2010 in next year.

Baba
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
11/21/10 7:11 PM as a reply to max leo.
Baba is right. You can change your tax category only once your spouse registers here.

Had she moved to Germany and registered in December, you would have got the whole year 3-1 difference.

So infact you shouldnt even be getting December.

@ Savion - please get more informed before making baseless comments. The German tax law allows this.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
11/22/10 7:11 AM as a reply to max leo.
@supersid,
i dont think i commented on your thread to call it baseless. if my reply was baseless, only the author can say that as its his thread. I dont believe in mudslinging, but i am pretty sure i have a good idea of tax laws as i have gone through all this. Once the spouse comes to DE he is eligible for back dated support for the months he was legally married, even if the spouse was in his home country. This has been told to me by a tax lawyer.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
11/22/10 12:39 PM as a reply to max leo.
@ Savion

Relax didnt mean any mudslinging etc. Sorry if it came across that way.

I dont think the author can really comment as he himself needs to clarify his doubts.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
11/22/10 2:05 PM as a reply to max leo.
The spouse came in May 2010 though they married in Dec 2009.

So he should be getting backdated for 2010 and not 2009 (December)
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott