Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Integration

German Citizenship (Einbürgerung) help needed

Toggle
My name is Priya and after living in Germany for almost 9 years now i plan to apply for Einbürgerung.
I was asked to fill the citizenship form and submit few documents.I have all documents but as i am born in India so i don't have my original birth certificate.
Now i got the birth certificate from India and it is only having a seal of Panchayat and no other seal.Should i need to get this certificate notarised from India and get it attested or this is not required.
If anyone experience with citizenship process please help me

Thanks
Priya
0 (0 Votes)

RE: German Citizenship (Einbürgerung) help needed
Answer
10/31/12 10:23 AM as a reply to Priya Raman.
Hi Priya,

Yo no do not need any notarization and if the panchayat comes under Revenue or Registration department then the certificate is enough.
You need to get the certificate translated to german.

You can also search some previuos threads for further information.

Baba
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/31/12 10:33 AM as a reply to baba shankar.
Thank you so much Baba.

I have searched some previous threads and someone even mentioned that the certificate should not be older than 6 months and this even makes me more confused now.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/31/12 2:27 PM as a reply to Priya Raman.
Sorry may be I understood wrong. Birth certificate which you got from India, is it a new one or the one at the time of your birth?

the certificate should not be older than 6 months. All the panchayats or revenue offices in India will issue birth certificates any number of times.
So if you have the old one, get a new one again by applying for it.

Baba
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
11/4/12 10:54 PM as a reply to baba shankar.
I have the one Issued at time of birth and not the new one and do one really need to get a new one and also heard one need to get it Apostille.
Does anyone have experience getting birth certificate from Embassy ?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
11/5/12 12:38 AM as a reply to Priya Raman.
@priya

u can get a new birth certificate showing the old one. It is simple process.

The new birth certificate will be issued as per latest format. Once i got a new birth cert. because there was no name in my old birth certificate. I surrendered the old cert and got new one. It took just 1 week. And my dad did the entire process, so u dont need to be present there. You can give a letter to someone who is in ur native place. 

gud luck!
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
11/5/12 10:31 AM as a reply to Priya Raman.
Embassy do not provide a birth certificate, but they give a document based on one's passport birth details.

Accepting the document from embassy completely depends on luck and specific case.

Baba
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18