Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Citizenship - Required documents

Citizenship - Required documents
Answer
9/20/07 4:45 AM
Hello,

I am going to finish my 8 years (3 years as student with Aufenthaltsbewilligung + 5 years with Aufenthaltserlaubnis) in Germany in October this year. Therefore, I'll get eligible for NE as well as for Citizenship at the same time.

I went to Einbürgerungamt and they aksed me to submit the application for Citizenship along with the documents like Date of birth Certificate, Marriage certificate, Versicherungsverlauf etc.

I have following questions:

1. I was born in India and I don’t have my date of birth certificate. Instead I have one affidavit, which is a stamped letter from court and attested by a notary (isseued this year) on my father’s behalf about my date of birth. Will it be enough for the citizenship application?

2. The date of birth and marriage certificates are in English. Where can I get them translated into German? Do I need to get them later verified also? If yes, then from where? Or Einbürgerungamt will send these anyway to the embassy in India to get these verified/checked?

3. As there is no dual-citizenship agreement between Germany and India, so when will I have to give up my Indian Citizenship and what's the procedure?

I would really appreciate your comments and help in this matter.

Thank you very much!
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Citizenship - Required documents
Answer
9/21/07 12:50 AM as a reply to Vicky B.
Hi,

1. I think you should ask the Amt what kind of approval required for birth certificate.

may I ask in which state you are?
thanks.
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Citizenship - Required documents
Answer
9/21/07 12:07 PM as a reply to Vicky B.
hi vicky,
Although i am not eligible for citizenship for 1 yr more, i would really appreciate if you could share your experience coz i too dont have a Birth certificate and intend to use an affidavit.
So, please share your experience with us.
thanks and all the best.
0 (0 Votes)

RE: Citizenship - Required documents
Answer
8/26/19 8:24 AM as a reply to Vicky B.
Vicky B:
Hello,

I am going to finish my 8 years (3 years as student with Aufenthaltsbewilligung + 5 years with Aufenthaltserlaubnis) in Germany in October this year. Therefore, I'll get eligible for NE as well as for Citizenship at the same time.

I went to Einbürgerungamt and they aksed me to submit the application for Citizenship along with the documents like Date of birth Certificate, Marriage certificate, Versicherungsverlauf etc.

I have following questions:

1. I was born in India and I don’t have my date of birth certificate. Instead I have one affidavit, which is a stamped letter from court and attested by a notary (isseued this year) on my father’s behalf about my date of birth. Will it be enough for the citizenship application?

2. The date of birth and marriage certificates are in English. Where can I get them translated into German? Do I need to get them later verified also? If yes, then from where? Or Einbürgerungamt will send these anyway to the embassy in India to get these verified/checked?

3. As there is no dual-citizenship agreement between Germany and India, so when will I have to give up my Indian Citizenship and what's the procedure?

I would really appreciate your comments and help in this matter.

Thank you very much!

Hallo vicky,

did you submitted the court affidavit instead of birth certificate?.... did thy accepted it for the Citizenship applicaiton? I am also in the same boat. Kindly advise.

Thanks in advance.

Regards
Chandrasekar G
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7