Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Integration

is it difficult for masters Student(informatik) to find job in Germany

Toggle
Hi,
I am a masters student in Software Tech. from Uni Lüneburg, I am currently writing my thesis with Lufthansa AG, I have also previously done a praktikum with Lufthansa AG, Overall, I (will) have 11 months of industrial experience with Lufthansa in Informatik. I will be getting my Masters degree in 6 months...i.e. September 2006. I have good academics in the sense, I am expecting a B or higher grade overall(not to mention I am among the top 3 in my course) and I have an aggregate of 70% in Bachelors of Computer Science Engineering,Madras University,India and 82% aggregate in high school. I have a conversational command over the German language and I can speak French and fluent English.
I would like to know what the chances of finding a job in Germany are for me with the above stated profile, since I have no previous work experience other than the praktikum and diplomarbeit. Since I have 6 months left to get my degree would it be too early to start applying for jobs now in Jan,2006.
And what would be the right way as a student to secure a work permit visa or a Green Card (since I am deperate to work in Germany). I would also appreciate if someone would give me some companies were the odds of the company sponsoring my work permit are pretty high.

Thanks in advance

Vijaishanker
0 (0 Votes)

Re: is it difficult for masters Student(informatik) to find job in Germany
Answer
1/11/06 6:29 PM as a reply to Vijaishanker Balaramiah.
"I have a conversational command over the German language"

Try to master it as perfect as possible.. that is one of the most important aspects during the job search in Germany, other than that your profile looks quite ok and you may have good chances..

Good luck

Lacrima
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/11/06 7:51 PM as a reply to Vijaishanker Balaramiah.
Hello Vijayshanker,

I am also from Tamil Nadu.
Could you please send your CV to me. MY email id is
chan_krish@yahoo.com.

I can try out something for you in my company. A CV in GERMAN would be of great advantage.

Regards
Chandra
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/12/06 12:52 PM as a reply to Vijaishanker Balaramiah.
hi shanker,
ur accads seems tobe quite good. u can try and chances are fair.apply individually to compannies from jobpilot,stepstone etc.
wish u good luck
kumar
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/12/06 3:08 PM as a reply to Vijaishanker Balaramiah.
Thanks Lacrima, Chandra and Kumar for having taken the time to reply. The only thing that concerns me is that, one of my seniors (an Indian) who had finished his course,had applied to several companies but most of the companies that replied, asked him if he had a work permit or a green card, to which he obviously denied, since he did not possess one as he was on student visa and none of the companies ever called back after that. Is there any work-around on this one, since I feel this would hamper my chances of getting a job here, though not too lucrative.

Thanks again,

Vijaishanker
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3