Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

GC - first Aufenthaltserlaubnis, experiences

I will give you info what I have experienced when getting my first residence permit. I hope it will be useful for everybody.

History: I got IT-ArGV (GC paper) last week of December, 2004, just before the Xmas (I am one of the last GC'lers). I am from Turkey and applied for a visa. German Embassy gave the visa in 3 days and it was a 3-month valid visa for Germany only (not for Schengen countries).

Today I have been to Bezirksamt to get the residence permit. I have received a yellow 2-pages form, at the beginning of which it states Antrag auf Erteilung ( ) einer Aufenthaltserlaubnis ( ) einer Niederlassungserlaubnis (according to the new law, ZuwG).

I have chosen Aufenthaltserlaubnis and in the back page, at Beabsichtigte Dauer des Aufenthaltes, I wrote von: (date of since when IT-ArGV will be valid) bis: ./.. Then, at Ich beantrage die Erteilung / Verlaengerung der Aufenthaltserlaubnis fuer ... Jahre, I have written 5 years.

I have given this form together with my passport, 2 photos, Arbeitsvertrag (job contract), Anmeldung and IT-ArGV. The official asked me to wait for 1 hour.

Then he called me and asked me whether I can speak German. I said yes and he invited me to its office. There he said that if I cannot speak basic German, then I have to join a German course for about 18 months. I said I didn't need this because I can communicate with people in German.

Then he has given me an Aufenthaltserlaubnis of 5 years, pasted to my passport.

Klenze17
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18