Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Integration

what is right time to apply for unlimted visa???

Toggle
Hi all...
I started working in germany in march 2001. and i got 5 years of work permit but my passport was suppose to get expired in december 2005 so i got visa which was valid untill september 2005 (3 months less than passport expiry date). Now i will haveto apply a new passport (which i will do three months before my german visa expires). it make in all 6 months.

so the question is after 4.5 years i will have a new passport and with this new pasport should i apply for 6 months of visa and after that apply for unlimited one or should i directly apply for unlimited visa.

thanksin advance
0 (0 Votes)

Re: what is right time to apply for unlimted visa???
Answer
1/3/05 3:23 PM as a reply to Tahmas Iqbal.
Hi Tahmas,
Good question but I also can not answer it. Anyone has any answer to this question??
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/3/05 4:04 PM as a reply to Tahmas Iqbal.
Interesting...
Even I started my GC in May'01 but I got my resident permit stamped till 05'06 even though my passport is due expiry in 07'05.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/3/05 4:46 PM as a reply to Tahmas Iqbal.
My passport was going to expire in 6 months, when I got my 5 years residence permission(GC) stamped on it.. you can always extend your passport so it should be irrelavent when it expires.(provided that it has at least 6 months of validity)

I could have a chicken-egg problem, if they would not have stamped the residence permit, despite the 6 months validity. Because my country's consulate refused to extend my passport, because of military service duty and in order to postpone the military service duty, I had to show them my residence permit but ABH would not stamp the residence permit because my passport would expire soon.. it would be then really fun ha ? emoticon

Regards

Lacrima
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/3/05 6:41 PM as a reply to Tahmas Iqbal.
well logically i see following possible scenerio..
in june 2005 I will get a new passport which will be valid till june 2010. so i will will apply for unbefristet visa from ABH. but i should be issued again with befristet visa till march 2010 or something like that. and as soon as my 5 years are completed (march 2006) i can ask to cancel my old visa and let me issued with an unbefristet one.

this is all my therotical assumption...i already requested HR to look further into this issue....lets see how they reply me back.

regards
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/4/05 1:45 AM as a reply to Tahmas Iqbal.
I had a slightly different experience; I arrived in Germany at the end of August 2000 (I have got a job contract even earlier, but we had to wait for the GC law to be accepted - 01.08.2000). And they explained to me at that moment that they'll give me residence permit for two years and extend it afterwards (if I still had the job). And they did - every two years I have received a new 2yr Aufenthaltserlaubnis. And I have changed my passport in the meantime and they've put the last AE in the new passport - I just have to keep the old one as a proof.
And I had to apply for a new AE a month or two before the expiration date, so I guess that this counts for applying for NE too.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott