Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

German work permit information - visa form questions

Toggle
Hi Guys,

Here is my situation first:

I was working in UK, as my masters course finished (results awaiting), and got a good job offer from a german firm based in Berlin. As my visa was running out in UK, I couldnt apply for it from there so I returned back to my country, last week. I have address proof, and appointment letter on my Indian address as well. I am applying for work permit from Chennai Consulate on tuesday. 

I had few general questions about the whole process and application form:

1. I didnt sort out my accommodation so far in Berlin, so what should I write in question no. 15 which is for my future address? I was thinking to give my companies address, would that work? I dont know any one there as well. 

2. I am not applying for Schengen visa, so would I still require health insurance for long term visa?

3. Letter from your future German Employer in German language confirming employment (Original) : My company couldnt send me this on time, but have sent me the pdf scanned version of it. I am planning to take a color printout of it. Would it be a problem?

4. In UK, companies wont give experience certificate in general, I am showing salary slips as well as my CV in prospects of future employment in Germany. Would this work?

5. The cover letter, do I need to write it in word document or do I have to write it by hand?

6. Although it has been mentioned in the embassy site that it could take 8-12 weeks, but what could be the approximate time for overall processing?

I would really appreciate your inputs on this please! 

Thanks in advance,
Naveen
0 (0 Votes)

RE: German work permit information - visa form questions
Answer
10/14/12 7:13 PM as a reply to Naveen Kumar Vasudevan.
Help please!! 
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/15/12 2:00 AM as a reply to Naveen Kumar Vasudevan.
Hi Naveen,

1- As per German system, you should be offered relocation package including a furnished apatment for 3-6 months. So I will advice you to clarify it with your employer or if you are short on time than leave it blank in this case.

2- Take insurance for first 3 months (for long-term visa) from any of the recommended Insurance companies on German Embassy's website.

3- Pdf is OK, as they will do a thorough check themselves. In case they don't accept it than tell them its on the way and you will submit it soon.

4- Strange! A recommendation letter is your right and you should write to your ex-employer about it. But given your interview on Tuesday I would say just go with what you have available.

5- yes, 8-12 weeks

Good luck and welcome to Germany!

Raj++
+1 (1 Vote)

Answer
10/15/12 4:57 AM as a reply to Naveen Kumar Vasudevan.
naveen:
Hi Guys,

Here is my situation first:

I was working in UK, as my masters course finished (results awaiting), and got a good job offer from a german firm based in Berlin. As my visa was running out in UK, I couldnt apply for it from there so I returned back to my country, last week. I have address proof, and appointment letter on my Indian address as well. I am applying for work permit from Chennai Consulate on tuesday. 

I had few general questions about the whole process and application form:

1. I didnt sort out my accommodation so far in Berlin, so what should I write in question no. 15 which is for my future address? I was thinking to give my companies address, would that work? I dont know any one there as well. 

2. I am not applying for Schengen visa, so would I still require health insurance for long term visa?

3. Letter from your future German Employer in German language confirming employment (Original) : My company couldnt send me this on time, but have sent me the pdf scanned version of it. I am planning to take a color printout of it. Would it be a problem?

4. In UK, companies wont give experience certificate in general, I am showing salary slips as well as my CV in prospects of future employment in Germany. Would this work?

5. The cover letter, do I need to write it in word document or do I have to write it by hand?

6. Although it has been mentioned in the embassy site that it could take 8-12 weeks, but what could be the approximate time for overall processing?

I would really appreciate your inputs on this please! 

Thanks in advance,
Naveen
[font='comic sans ms', cursive]I think Raj has made it clear for you..[font='comic sans ms', cursive]
1. You can write the address of your employer (My consulate officer asked me to do that)
2. Yes recommended.
3. As long as it is signed I think you shouldn’t have a problem..
but I believe the document list says original signed contract so please check
4. CV and salary slip should do.. I attached resignation lettermail also..
5. Both are accepted
6. It depends.. Try ur luck.. you might even get it 3weeks some have taken 17weeks..
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/15/12 6:43 AM as a reply to Naveen Kumar Vasudevan.
Hey Guys,

Thank you for the replies (to both Raj and Prasanna). 

I will be taking health insurace if time allows me. 

Prasanna, Just read your post, congrats on your visa. 

What about the employment period thing, should I just write the start date of contract and leave the end date blank?

I am submitting my bachelords degree certificates, as my masters degree results are awaited. I although have mentioned in my covering letter that why I been to UK for my masters and also worked there. Should I submit the admission letter? And also the biometric card copy of UK visa?

Thanks again! 
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/15/12 6:46 AM as a reply to Naveen Kumar Vasudevan.
U can write start date as contract starting date..
and ending date as unlimited or 3-5 yrs time period..
I have heard people doing both..

From what I understand, u'll have to register again at the Auslanderbehorde where they will offer residence permit for duration u'll request at that time.

Guys please correct me if I am wrong about the latter.. 
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/15/12 6:56 AM as a reply to Prasanna.
I am submitting my bachelords degree certificates, as my masters degree results are awaited. I although have mentioned in my covering letter that why I been to UK for my masters and also worked there. Should I submit the admission letter? And also the biometric card copy of UK visa?

Thanks for replying back Prasanna. Could you also give some inputs about the above question please?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/15/12 10:34 AM as a reply to Naveen Kumar Vasudevan.
Am applying for Work Permit for Germany coming week - Have few doubts.

Should I take a Health Insurance cover - maybe 1-2 months. Employer will take insurance once I reach the place but is it a safety measure to take for a month at least.

Also should I have to give German consulate the original contract letter or just the copy of it?

Please advice.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/17/12 4:31 AM as a reply to Mani.
Naveen: I dont have any idea about Masters degree from UK, please talk to the consulate officer they will help you. Sorry!

Mani: You can take a 1 month Health Insurance to be on the safer side..
The Original contract will have to be produced during the visa interview, which is returned immediately after verification.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/20/13 12:08 PM as a reply to Naveen Kumar Vasudevan.
Hey guys, few more questions here - 

1. Can you please state some of the companies from which health insurance can be bought from? Or can you share a link to the recommended health insurance firms?

2. Is the work contract required in german language or the letter of deputation is also required in german language? I have an offer letter which is both in English and German. Will that do?

3. What duration should I mention in the form? Is it fine to mention 3-4 years or should I just write one year?

Will be great if you can answer them.

Thanks,
Rohan
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/17/13 12:53 AM as a reply to Naveen Kumar Vasudevan.
naveen:

Thanks again! 

Hi Naveen,

I am in a similar situation. Could you please tell us how did it go with the Bachelors degree. Were they ok with it?

Many thanks,
Sichali
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/19/13 8:56 AM as a reply to Sichali.
sichali:
naveen:

Thanks again! 

Hi Naveen,

I am in a similar situation. Could you please tell us how did it go with the Bachelors degree. Were they ok with it?

Many thanks,
Sichali

Hey,
sorry for the delay, but yes they were ok with it. No questions were asked about it, infact no questions at all! I got my visa in less then 2 months, but by that time I accepted a Norwegian companies offer so I flew to Oslo. emoticon
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/9/14 7:06 AM as a reply to Sichali.
Hey

Can you tell me what happened to your visa. I am applying as well.

How long did it take ?

What did you write in Covering Letter ?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/9/14 10:24 AM as a reply to dcode dcode.
dcode:
Hey

Can you tell me what happened to your visa. I am applying as well.

How long did it take ?

What did you write in Covering Letter ?

Hi,
 I got my visa within 3 weeks actually. And the covering was simple stating my purpose of visit. You will get lot of samples if you google up a bit. 
I didnt put a stamp on my passport as I had got Norwegian visa by that time and I opt for a Norwegian work permit.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott