Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

FAQ and important Links!

[I am searching for] ICT/IT Business Consulting Job (non-technical)

Toggle
[I am searching for] ICT/IT Business Consulting Job (non-technical)
ict it business consulting consulting non technical
Answer
10/4/12 12:50 PM
Hi All

My query is regarding the kind of jobs available (IT & Technology sectors) in Germany and other Blue-Card issuing countries.

1) Are the open job positions only for technical roles?

2) What is the scenario for jobs in ICT Business Consulting/ IT Strategy Consulting fields? (non-technical ones)

Please help me know the scenario there.

Thanks

EDIT:Sorry. I think the earlier Title was confusing. So changed it now.
+1 (1 Vote)

RE: [I am searching for] ICT/IT Business Consulting Job (non-technical)
Answer
11/8/12 2:40 PM as a reply to Soham Banik.
Kindly provide some inputs. Waiting for your help
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
11/8/12 4:51 PM as a reply to Soham Banik.
Are you looking for a client facing role? How well do you speak German?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
11/8/12 7:09 PM as a reply to Arianne.
Hi arianne

Yes. My present role as ICT business & process consultant is a client facing one. All my clients are located in EU and US. Unfortunately, I don't speak German! Once in a client engagement in Germany, I have seen they speak english while engaging consultants. So my idea is that as consulting involves mostly the top level execs, they all speak english. Moreover, as this is about IT/ICT consulting, my general idea is even in Germany the dealings happen mostly in english.

I have an MBA and engineering degree (B-Tech) from India's premier management and technical universities (IIM + NIT). I am looking for similar kind of consulting/Analyst roles in Germany.

Thanks arianne for the reply. Can you please suggest me something on the same lines? Many thanks in advance.

Regards!
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
11/8/12 9:44 PM as a reply to Soham Banik.
gutentag:
I have seen they speak english while engaging consultants. So my idea is that as consulting involves mostly the top level execs, they all speak english. Moreover, as this is about IT/ICT consulting, my general idea is even in Germany the dealings happen mostly in english.

It is said that the motor of the German economy is the Mittelstand and the Mittelstand operates in German. Many German executives do not speak English well and expect service in German. In my opinion it’ll be difficult, if not impossible, to find such a non-technical role without fluent German. Perhaps someone else will have an idea, however, I think you should look at other countries.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
11/13/12 3:40 PM as a reply to Arianne.
Thanks arianne

I have already started learning German. Wish to get the intermediate certifications soon!
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
11/13/12 5:49 PM as a reply to Soham Banik.
Then I would recommend that you take the PWD from the Goethe Institute.

If you don't mind me asking, why Germany? Have you ever been here? Do you have any ties to the country? Why not Switerzland or the Netherlands? English is much more widely used in both countries.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
11/14/12 6:24 AM as a reply to Arianne.
Thanks for the suggestion. Yes I am in touch with the Goethe Institute here. Only problem is class timings aren't matching as of today. But will work out something soon.

Actually I was expecting someone to ask this question :emoticon

I have been to and lived in 21 European countries so far (albeit for shorter durations) including the Swiss and Holland. And quite magically I fell for Germany - the people, the environment, the machines and ofcourse Beer emoticon For me, Germany is the awesomest of all the places I have been to (I have lived in Berlin, Munich and Frankfurt). Still, don't know the reason for this liking . That's the explanation I have.

And yes I am in touch with people in Holland for possible opportunities as well.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott