Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Start Up

Urgent help required- Parent leave and kundigung

Toggle
Hello,

This week I am going to give kundigung to my current employer. I have 3 month kundigung frist, In other words I will work with them till end of december.

I also thinking after giving kundigung ask for parent leave of 2 month (Nov and December). I have 2 month old baby.

My question is, Do anybody tell me that according to law can i take parent leave after giving kundigung or

First I have to ask for leave, and then end of the week give kundigung. In this case as well, what the law is ?

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Janjua
0 (0 Votes)

RE: Urgent help required- Parent leave and kundigung
Answer
9/23/12 9:49 PM as a reply to Ajaz Janjua.
Hi,

Sorry but it sounds confusing. After resigning from your job, you are at homw and in that case to whom will you apply for parental leave (Elternzeit)?

Elternzeit is upto 14 months and as long as I know, during Elternzeit it is complicated for a comany to fire you. So you should try consuming all 14 months in order to land up in best economic scenario.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/23/12 10:19 PM as a reply to Tony Gill.
Hi Tonygill,

Thanks for your kind reply.

Well, let me clear..actually if i will give kundigung this week But i have to work with my current company till end of december.(I will start my new job from 1st january). During this 3 month kundigung time, I want to take parent leave from nov to december ( for 2 months).

I am also confused that can I take parent leave after giving kundigung or can i give kundigung after taking parent leave 
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/24/12 9:30 AM as a reply to Ajaz Janjua.
Hi,

First thing (It is just my opinion, may be wrong also)
Even if you give kündigung, you are still the employee of old company till end of december. It means you are supposed to dicuss elternzeit issue with your current employer

Second thing
There are certain rules which you have to follow to apply for elternzeit. Informing the employer in advance and also sending the forms to elterngeld zuständige behörde.

Baba
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/26/12 11:46 AM as a reply to baba shankar.
I really have no idea what one can do in your situation. Please update us once you know more about it.

Usually a notice period is to be served, so that you can hand over your present project and complete pending work (at least in theory).
In summary:
- Company wants you to work during notice period
- You want to take prental leave during notice period

Do not know if a company might raise objection
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18