Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

aufenhaltserlaubnis expiring

Toggle
aufenhaltserlaubnis expiring
Answer
8/4/06 9:09 PM
Hi all,

I have been working in Germany since October 7, 2002 as post doctorate (Wissenschaftliche Mitarbeiter mit abgeschlossener Promotion). My contract expires on September 30, 2006 and will not be continued. I've been holding Aufenhaltserlaubnis with note 'gem §18(4) Satz 1 AufenthG siehe Zusatzblatt' and on Zusatzblatt is written: 'Die Aufenthaltserlaubnis ist nur gültig zur Ausübung einer beschäftigung als wissenschaftlicher Mitarbeiter an der {my university}. Beschäftigung nur gem. §5 Nr. 1 BeschV erlaubt. I am a citizen of Russia, no GC.

1. After 30.09 provided I did not find another position do I have to go back to Russia immediately?
2. Can I apply for a job in universities only or can I apply for a programming jobs?
3. I found the reference it the topic '60 month in pension system' to the fact that 'As far as the law has clause for the 60 months pay to Pension which waves contribution to this pension during your study time. Which means during your last 5 years stay if you are studying for 24 months and working for the rest 36 months (including any unemployment period) you are elligible to apply for PR'. What is the minimum ratio of work/study ratio for a person to be eligible for PR in this situation?

Thanks a lot for your help
Mikhail
0 (0 Votes)

Re: aufenhaltserlaubnis expiring
Answer
8/6/06 1:17 AM as a reply to Mikhail Korobeinik.
As far as i know, student time will not be counted for permanent residence. Now you can try to find some other job and change the VISA to work any kind of job
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott