Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Help needed!

Spouse visa

Toggle
Spouse visa
Answer
9/17/12 11:28 AM
Hi All, 

I am from Bangalore and am currently working in Munich. 
I had applied for spouse visa a month back, and I havent recieved any mail or letter about it yet. 
I wanted to know after how many weeks of applying for spouse visa will I get a letter from visa office asking me to submit my documents (work contract, house agreement etc). Since it is already 4 weeks and I havent recieved any such mail, am curious to know the status. 

Is it alright if I go to the concerned office and ask them about the status ? Will they have any problem if we enquire before 6 weeks ? 

Thanks, 
Irfan
0 (0 Votes)

RE: Spouse visa
Answer
9/17/12 11:51 AM as a reply to Irfan Basha.
If the consulate is verfying your documents then it might take so long but if not then you should have received letter so far...anyway you can contact
ABH any time and ask them about this...
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/17/12 11:53 AM as a reply to Ans Sargana.
Thanks... 

But some of my friends mentioned that they might reject the visa if we ask them about the status... Thats the reason why I was wondering if they really do that... 
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/17/12 1:45 PM as a reply to Irfan Basha.
irbash:
Hi All, 

I am from Bangalore and am currently working in Munich. 
I had applied for spouse visa a month back, and I havent recieved any mail or letter about it yet. 
I wanted to know after how many weeks of applying for spouse visa will I get a letter from visa office asking me to submit my documents (work contract, house agreement etc). Since it is already 4 weeks and I havent recieved any such mail, am curious to know the status. 

Is it alright if I go to the concerned office and ask them about the status ? Will they have any problem if we enquire before 6 weeks ? 

Thanks, 
Irfan

One month is nothing. Please be a bit more patient. Generally if verification is needed they will contact you and ask you to pay the fees for verification of the marriage certificate.Did they contact you regarding that atleast or tell you if verification is needed. Generally this is done almost immediately after you submit your application.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/17/12 1:53 PM as a reply to Kinshuk Srivastava.
Hi, 

Yes, the verification is already done and the application has been sent to Germany. (Its been 3 weeks since the verification was complete) 
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/17/12 4:33 PM as a reply to Irfan Basha.
irbash:
Hi, 

Yes, the verification is already done and the application has been sent to Germany. (Its been 3 weeks since the verification was complete) 

How do you know that the application has been sent to Germany. The next step is the AB will contact you. Maybe this is holiday period or people coming back. So they might take sometime. You should be hearing from them soon though. Regarding contacting the AB, i just waited for them to send me a correspondance. But i know of some friends who did it beforehand and they still got visa. I dont think that should be a big problem.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott