Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

FAQ and important Links!

Changing visa status from Work permit § 18 to study visa § 16

Toggle
Dear Experts,

I am working in germany on a 3 year job contract under § 18 which is going to finish soon along with the visa.
There will not be any extensions. I am also doing PhD from last two years. To continue my studies I still need a visa.
Is it possible to change the visa status from work to study here in germany? or Do I have to go back and re-apply for the same?
Please share if anybody have some experience with the same situation.

Cheers
0 (0 Votes)

RE: Changing visa status from Work permit § 18 to study visa § 16
Answer
9/13/12 2:45 PM as a reply to robin Starc.
I think you should be totally able to do this if you have a funding for your PhD. In case if you have no funding, as far as I know, you may have to go back and apply with the acceptance letter from the University along with the required financial support. In any case, you can apply for a six month temperory visa if you have a letter from your boss/ University stating that you are searching for an extension, and I tell you, it's no big deal
0 (0 Votes)

RE: Changing visa status from Work permit § 18 to study visa § 16
Answer
9/14/12 2:35 PM as a reply to FEBIN KURIAN.
Thanks for the info!!
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18