Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Meeting the World!

Important : What happens to Tax class and Health Insurance?

Toggle
My wife has got a job recently in our home country and she will be moving in couple of months.
our status:
------------
1.I'm an immigrant(NE) to Germany and my wife is a house wife currently.
2.My company is contributing a part for our health insurances.
3.I have a tax class 3.

We are very much concerned about the taxes and health insurance.

Do I need to inform the local finanzamt or arbeitsamt about my wife moving to home country to work?
What happens to my tax class?does it change from class 3 to ---?
How about the contribution of my company towards the health insurance?
How to make termination with the running helath insurance?

Please let me have your advices and comments on this topic.Let me also know if I missed any important points to be taken care of.

I would like to know the necessary legal measures that we have to take?

Thank you very much.
MiTy
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Important : What happens to Tax class and Health Insurance?
Answer
3/11/06 12:25 AM as a reply to Mike Tyson.
our status:
------------
1.I'm an immigrant(NE) to Germany and my wife is a house wife currently.
2.My company is contributing a part for our health insurances.
3.I have a tax class 3.

We are very much concerned about the taxes and health insurance.

Do I need to inform the local finanzamt or arbeitsamt about my wife moving to home country to work?

Tax class 3 is for married couple (1 work and 1 has no income or income less than 400 euro permonth, and live in the same city).

As soon as your wife go back to your home country, you will have to change to class 1.

You can change your tax class to ortsamt or rathaus.

It doesn't matter if your wife working or not, if you pay tax class 1. If your wife income is less than your country standard income (based on german tax system) you can send some money to her (required a lot of stupid prove and letter). This you can deduct from your tax, when you submit tax declaration in the beginnning of next year.

My advice: if your wife future income is less than 500 euro permonths, it is better for her to stay in germany :-D, she doesn't have to work and you can get 500 euro more :-D.

My experience: I got netto 2000 euro permonths in class 1 and I got married, wife doesn't work I can get around 2500 euro. :-D

What happens to my tax class?does it change from class 3 to ---?
How about the contribution of my company towards the health insurance?

If you have public healt insurance, it won't change anything even if your wife go back to home country.

If you have private insurance, your wife has to go to rathaus to abmelden, you can send the abmelden letter to insurance, it terminates ASAP. You have to inform your company.

How to make termination with the running helath insurance?

Please let me have your advices and comments on this topic.Let me also know if I missed any important points to be taken care of.

I would like to know the necessary legal measures that we have to take?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/11/06 1:36 PM as a reply to Mike Tyson.
Hi VP_2004,
Thanks a lot.
My wife earns more than 500 Euros.Does it mean that we need to pay any taxes in Germany also or only in the residing(home)country?
Please provide me information if you have any.

Thanks once again.
Best wishes,
mity.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/11/06 5:23 PM as a reply to Mike Tyson.
Why don't you keep your wife registration active in rathause?Your wife can go to your country as 'vacation'. So everything the same as your wife is still in germany.

There is no obligatory to deregistration your wife in the rathaus. YOur wife come to Germany only for extending the visa.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/11/06 10:00 PM as a reply to Mike Tyson.
Hi Prakash,
Thank you for the message.

Yes, i can avoid de-registering her here in Germany but what happens if they know that my wife is paying income tax in home country?
This wil be a concern also with my company's contribution to Health Insurance.Her company contributes(50%)her health insurance, so if she doesn't register here in Germany we have to continue paying the isurance here and also in home country.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/16/06 11:42 AM as a reply to Mike Tyson.
any more information??
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18