Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

FAQ and important Links!

Child of a German Father

Toggle
Child of a German Father
Answer
11/17/06 11:54 PM
Hi everyone! I have a son who is already 19 yo with a German Father who died 4 yrs ago. He was born out of wed-lock in the Philippines and having a Filipino citizenship since he was born there. I am now married, living in Germany for 4 yrs and already applied for the German Citizenship and had recieved the confirmation that I will have the German Citizenship.

My question: Is it possible for my son to have a German Citizen though he lives in the Phils. He was not registered by his late father in Germany during the time he was born. If not, in what way can I bring him over here. Thanks for your replies...
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Child of a German Father
Answer
11/18/06 1:08 PM as a reply to Kakabel Karl.
Hi,

this are two relevant extracts from the StAg:

StAG § 4
(1) Durch die Geburt erwirbt ein Kind die deutsche Staatsangehörigkeit, wenn ein
Elternteil die deutsche Staatsangehörigkeit besitzt. Ist bei der Geburt des Kindes
nur der Vater deutscher Staatsangehöriger und ist zur Begründung der Abstammung nach
den deutschen Gesetzen die Anerkennung oder Feststellung der Vaterschaft
erforderlich, so bedarf es zur Geltendmachung des Erwerbs einer nach den deutschen
Gesetzen wirksamen Anerkennung oder Feststellung der Vaterschaft; die
Anerkennungserklärung muß abgegeben oder das Feststellungsverfahren muß eingeleitet
sein, bevor das Kind das 23. Lebensjahr vollendet hat.

StAG § 5
Durch die Erklärung, deutscher Staatsangehöriger werden zu wollen, erwirbt
dem 1. Juli 1993 geborene Kind eines deutschen Vaters und einer ausländischen
die deutsche Staatsangehörigkeit, wenn
1. eine nach den deutschen Gesetzen wirksame Anerkennung oder Feststellung
der Vaterschaft erfolgt ist,
2. das Kind seit drei Jahren rechtmäßig seinen gewöhnlichen Aufenthalt im
Bundesgebiet hat und
3. die Erklärung vor der Vollendung des 23. Lebensjahres abgegeben wird.
if you

The full text of the law is here:
http://info4alien.de/einbuergerung/gesetze/stag2005.htm

Apparently he will not be able to claim the citizenship since he was born before 1993 :-(

Regards,
-a
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
11/18/06 11:16 PM as a reply to Kakabel Karl.
Hi aalvarez,

Thanks a lot for your info especially the summary in English ;.). I've been almost 4 yrs here but my German is not yet perfect especially when it comes to writing. This really saddened me coz' until now, he is still my special angel. For me, he is a miracle child that's why I wanted him to be with me even at this age..perhaps I am still binded with the Philippine culture...( Close family ties) ..and he lives in the Philippines alone with a housemaid.

Best regards!
bellie
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
11/19/06 11:14 PM as a reply to Kakabel Karl.
Hi Bellie,

please note that i am NOT saying that you can't bring him to Germany, only that it seems he won't be able to get the citizenship easily. There are other ways, but the best is that you speak to your ABH and then tells us what they think.

regards,
-a
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3