Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Integration

Been 5 Years

Toggle
Been 5 Years
Answer
10/19/05 11:34 AM
Yes, it's been exactly 5 years today, 3 minutes have passed since the plane left the airport ground in my home country, leaving behind a wife and a 7 months old daughter. Arrived in Frankfurt at 11.43 PM after a change in Zaventem airport, Brussels.

Years have passed for sure, been thru 5 companies, moved from places and I'm still here.

Having a look in my life, I can say I lived the worse moments in my life in Germany, but I've not given up hoping for a good coming.

Peace out.

D.
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Been 5 Years
Answer
10/19/05 11:46 AM as a reply to NoBody.
That was quite emotional. Good luck ......

Life is experiencing different situation,Its a big learning curve. I had my good and bad moments(Due to ABH) rest all fine.

I got lot of experience about west culture and now i feel its time to conquor.

cheers,pac
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/19/05 12:47 PM as a reply to NoBody.
Hi Folks,

On getting to work this morning ; settling down for the day's work.I thought of having a quick browse on online NEWSpapers and ofcourse Trust7 (--a daily routine) and something placed a BIG SMILE on my face,your post.I'm certain some that can still feel,will feel you.;-)

--Being able to live pass situations that one thought is impossible makes one freer--
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/19/05 2:40 PM as a reply to NoBody.
But don't ever get me wrong, I love living in this country (even if some don't) and I plan to settle myself the best I can.

No need to say that I've found here (and particularly on T7) more friends than I ever had in my own country and I thank God for that.

I've lived good times here, and Germany has seen me having a second baby girl and is helping her growing good.

I've had had professional experience here more than I had in my country. I still have goals to reach here, and needless to say that I will.

Fearing the pain is nothing, paining of fear is worse and one has always to live with the unknown, planning the best but taking precautions for the worse.

D.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/19/05 4:32 PM as a reply to NoBody.
Human beings,by changing the inner attitudes of their minds ,can change the outer aspects of their lives.
--William James

When dealing with people,remember that you are not dealing with creatures of logic but creatures of emotion.
--Dale Carnegie

Don't bother just to be better than your contemporaries or predecessors.Try to be better than yourself.
--William Faulkner

Emotions have taught mankind to reason.
--Luc de Vauvenargues

The post was an inspirational one.A lot; would say yes to it.
--Onye
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/20/05 3:08 PM as a reply to NoBody.
Dear NoBody

Indeed you made me (and some others may be) little imotional. There was time when our fathers would migrate to bigger cities for better opportunities. Time changed, we are still doing the same. Distance from my father’s village to the capital where he moved was some 10hrs, 160 km..distance frm my city and Germany is also 10hrs, & 9,000 km. Had so many experiences and opportunites, both professional and personal, which I couldn’t have had back there…..went through good and bad times, but coming here never seeemed to be a bad decision. And one thing I learnt for sure(which made me little surprised though), no matter which culture or country we come from, there are very very few basic differences among all of us.

nimo
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18