Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Integration

German passport

Toggle
German passport
Answer
12/22/10 4:36 PM
Hi
I have a typical situation. I am in Germany and having niederlassungserlaubnis since one year.
After one more year I will complete 7 years and will be applying for German passport. I have also done integration course. But my family lives in India. The are having valid Visa and visit me in very six months. So when I apply for Passport can I also apply for passport for my son? My son is in india and doing study there? But he spent countinously 5 years here and having valid visa for next two years.
0 (0 Votes)

Re: German passport
Answer
12/22/10 5:10 PM as a reply to mannu KD.
this is the rule for family members

Können meine Familienangehörigen mit eingebürgert werden?
Ja. Minderjährige Kinder und Ehegatten können mit Ihnen zusammen eingebürgert werden. Dadurch soll eine Familie die Möglichkeit haben, gemeinsam die deutsche Staatsangehörigkeit zu erwerben. Die Miteinbürgerung minderjähriger Kinder kostet dabei 51,00 € pro Kind (siehe Seite 17).
Auch Kinder und Ehegatten müssen allerdings grundsätzlich die genannten Voraussetzungen für den Anspruch auf Einbürgerung erfüllen. Diese Familienangehörigen können jedoch nach Ermessen der Behörde mit Ihnen zusammen eingebürgert werden, auch wenn sie sich noch nicht acht Jahre in Deutschland aufhalten.
Ehegatten können üblicherweise bereits nach vier Jahren Aufenthalt in Deutschland mit eingebürgert werden, wenn die Ehe zwei Jahre im Bundesgebiet bestanden hat.
Für Kinder, die noch nicht 16 Jahre alt sind, ist eine Miteinbürgerung im Normalfall nach dreijährigem Aufenthalt möglich. Für die Kenntnis der deutschen Sprache können bei der Miteinbürgerung von Kindern Erleichterungen gelten.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/22/10 5:13 PM as a reply to mannu KD.
and this is the english - google translation

Can my family members to be naturalized?
Yes. Minor children and spouses can be naturalized with you. This is to have a family the opportunity to acquire German citizenship together. The Miteinbürgerung minor children costs while 51,00 € per child (see page 17).
Also, children and spouse must, however, generally satisfy the above conditions for eligibility for naturalization. These family members may be at the discretion of the Authority naturalized with you, even when they are not yet eight years in Germany.
Spouses can usually be naturalized after four years of residence in Germany, if the marriage has lasted two years in Germany.
For children who are not yet 16 years old, a Miteinbürgerung normally after three years is possible. For the study of German can apply for Miteinbürgerung facilitation of children.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/22/10 5:47 PM as a reply to mannu KD.
Thanks for this reply. May you please give me the link? Is it 51 euro or 5100 euro?
I am bit worried that at the time to apply passport, they may ask questions like why your son is in India and why are you recieving Kindergeld etc.

Does any one hs really faced this kind of situation?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/22/10 6:04 PM as a reply to mannu KD.
somebody will correct me if i am wrong

it is 51 euros
as long as you are paying income tax in germany i think you are entitled to recieve kindergeld.I remember this from studying some posts on this forum or some other but i dont have sufficent proof to back it up.
the link for your intial question is
http://www.bundesregierung.de/Content/DE/Publikation/IB/Anlagen/2008-07-02-wege-zur-einbuergerung,property=publicationFile.pdf
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/22/10 6:13 PM as a reply to mannu KD.
@xsridhar: Thank you
Looks like I m fulfilling all conditions but I read in internet that for minor children they may ask for the kindergarden or school certificate. I don't know whether they will accept a child, having valid visa but stuyding in India.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/22/10 6:31 PM as a reply to mannu KD.
Hello,

When I applied for the German nationality before more than two years, they asked for a certificate from the Kindergarten for my 4 years old son and School certificate for my 7 years daughter as part of the required papers.

Good luck.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/22/10 7:39 PM as a reply to mannu KD.
I do not think that you can apply passport for your child and your wife.
For child, they ask certificate from kindergarten/school.

If authorities came to know that they are permanently living in India, not here in Germany, they can also cancel their residence permits.

So be careful.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/4/11 11:48 AM as a reply to mannu KD.
@UMTS11: You have increased my worry.
If my family maintains German Visa by traveling withing every six months, I don't think German authorities will cancel the visa. They do not live permanently but keep on visiting me to maintain the visa validity. Do you have any experience where visa was canceled by German Authorities?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/8/11 8:28 PM as a reply to mannu KD.
Hi
I have a question that someone may help me answer.I have been in germany since over 5 years and Had my new Aufhenthalterlaubnis sice 2008.Same 2008 i started working But with zeitfirma(ZEITARBEITFIRMA).Also same 2008 got married here in Germany in the city where i live.But funny,I went to aplly for niederlassungserlaubnis but was rejected because my Arbeitvertrag is befristed.Meanwhile i have just Employed directly by the company where i have been working for a long time through Zeitarbeit.
Pls somebody tell me if its a normal situation.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/8/11 9:19 PM as a reply to mannu KD.
You are not elgible yet because you have only Aufenhaltserlaubnis since three years. But you can check if student time will count for half. Search forum for student time if you have been student before.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/8/11 10:07 PM as a reply to mannu KD.
No thats not true.Because my levels of my eligibility is more than legible.working since 2008,First Aufhentals is 3 years now,Married for over 2 years.So pls where is ilegibility?
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott