Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Recipes

Child benefits(Kinder & Eltern geld)

Toggle
Child benefits(Kinder & Eltern geld)
Answer
8/29/11 3:06 PM
Hi Friends,

I have a questions concerning Kinder & Eltern Geld benefits. As posted in the previous post we have been gifted with a Boy, born in India(we both have German passport).

1. Just started our fight for German passport in India. What should we do for Kinder & Eltern geld(i.e., in advance inform the behoerde or .....)

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Child benefits(Kinder & Eltern geld)
Answer
8/31/11 5:39 PM as a reply to Ahmed Syed.
Hi,

-For Kindergeld the baby should register (anmeldung)in Germany and it is possible only after the baby comes and lives in germany.
-Elterngeld is for parents who take a break from work for looking after the kids. If it is applied for the Father then he should be in Germany to claim this and if it is for the mother then she should be in Germany. Also they should have the right to work in Germany (who ever applies)and if they have the workpermit or right to work then even if they havenot worked before they will be eligible to get this.
For both the above things the baby should first do Anmeldung in Germany and it will be paid from the date of registration in Germany. For elterngeld they will pay for remaining months (there is a max.period)if any from this registration date. You can now apply for both the things but the process will start only after the baby arrives & registers in Germany.
Anyway check with your local office reg. this may be I am wrong.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott